Aaaaarrrgghhh

(10 Posts)

Ok so first sunny day , decided to start on the garden jungle up until I saw the giant Ants literally around 3cms big shock
their seems to be hundreds all busy doing their thing Anywho im guessing that their is a nest nearby gulp is their a way to tackle it at all confused
I'm in the North West on the coast (UK) & my garden is humongous as it was part of a cemetery up until 1920 so I get all sorts of bugs
Would be grateful for any tips/advice thanks

Ubermumsy Tue 30-Apr-13 16:58:25

Is the nest in a place where there will be a lot of human activity? Or smack in the middle of your new grand border?

or could you just leave them alone to do their anty thing?

I'm guessing its at the bottom of the garden , I'm getting the garden redone soon so it will be in the way , plus me & Ds are petrified of Ants

cantspel Tue 30-Apr-13 18:20:59

You need to find the nest as you need to kill off the queen, so find the nest and then use an powder around it. It will kill off all ants who come into contact with it.

DeathMetalMum Tue 30-Apr-13 18:23:23

I have this problem too. We have red/orange ants though. Keeping my eyes on this thread.

Ta
Quick question how do I find the Queen Ant confused

cantspel Tue 30-Apr-13 18:59:16

look for the ant trail. the nest tend to be under slabs, or in the lawn or flowe bed. Or they could be close to the house in your foundations.
Watch the worker ants and then follow the direction that they go in as they will be heading home to feed their queen.

Ok thanks
so when I find the nest do I just pour Ant killer on it

cantspel Tue 30-Apr-13 19:41:41

If it is somewhere you can get to put a garden spade though it to break it open and then scatter the powder over and around it.
If it is inaccessible then put the power all around it and the ants will walk it into the nest.

Thanks cantspel thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now