Tomatoes - how many is too many?

(4 Posts)
bumperella Wed 06-Mar-13 16:09:02

I've Black Russian (listed as a small beef-type - full sized beefs won't all ripen where we are unless we get a v good summer), Cream Sausage (actually a pale yellow), Sungold (had seed over from last year) Tigerella (seed frm last year) a mini pink plum, a regular-sized pink, a regular-sized yellow, and Shirley (a bog-standard red). And a couple tomatillo plants for luck.

debbiedlemur Sun 03-Mar-13 22:40:11

I had 28 plants last year, that was too many! Trying to be more restrained this year

Oodsigma Sun 03-Mar-13 21:00:45

Not excessive had 33 2 years ago get a balance between productive & tasty & unusual.

Recommend Big boy as a beefsteak, something easy like money maker/gardeners delight/sungold and interesting ones. I like tigerella and zebra stripe, Black Russian

bumperella Sun 03-Mar-13 20:54:15

So far will be growing 8 different types, so probably 8 plants.... I don't think more be excessive...? I always struggle to resist buying a range, and I've some seeds from last couple years to use up....
Any unmissable varieties you'd like to recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now