Is moving this much soil going to be a killer?

(4 Posts)

I've got a raised brick flower bed, 2 foot wide, 4 inches deep, 15 foot long, running along my back garden on one side.

I want to remove it and level the area - so I'd have to cut plants (mostly ivy) down but then what do I do, remove bricks and then literally dig soil out into a wheelbarrow cubic foot by cubic foot confused ?? - I really want you to tell me there's an easier way!!

Sorry if this is really thick, but when it comes to gardens I am really thick.

piratecat Sun 06-Jan-13 00:05:25

where are you planning on moving the soil too? soil is heavy yes.

I did say I was thick blush (PC I am sure we've been on a thread together before - was it when your DD was ill, is she ok now?)

I have no idea where to move the soil to. This is not going to work out at all is it. Even if I get someone in to do it, they would have to be prepared to take the soil away. Does that volume of earth mean a skip?

piratecat Mon 07-Jan-13 17:59:18

lol, you're not thick, i am just wondering truly if there is any point, i would love a raised border. Perhaps when you dig out all the crap, you will be inspired to plant some stuff? I don't know much about gardeing, i have one, mainly lawn, and everything else is in pots, which i love as you can pick, choose and change about.

Yes we must have been on a thread then, as oy uhave mentioned dd, thankyou for asking, was it ovary gate? She is much better now and it never returned, and her periods have got a bit lighter too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now