best gloves for gardening?

(5 Posts)
Takver Wed 24-Oct-12 21:03:57

I swear by Showa gloves. I have the Showagrip 310 for everyday use, the Showagrip 305 for rougher work and the Showa 620 pvc for digging plants in winter because they're completely waterproof.

DH has some of the Showa 451 Thermal ones which are fab but I haven't seen any cheap in my size yet - the really good thing about them is that they come in sizes down to a 6 so you can get them to fit exactly. I think I might crack and buy some of the thermal ones full price this winter grin

CuttedUpPear Mon 22-Oct-12 21:41:45

I use some called Expert Gardener (!) they are green fabric with the fronts dipped in flexible ribbed rubber. I garden for a living and get through several pairs a year but always buy them because they are protective and flexible.

sieglinde Mon 22-Oct-12 16:16:09

I like the RHS-endorsed Tough pair, but I have lots of bramble.

These are great, very thin so no difficulty even with fragile jobs.

http://www.crocus.co.uk/product/_/tools/clothing/green-nitrile-gardening-gloves/classid.2000014079/

Kveta Thu 18-Oct-12 16:19:46

my mum has asked for some decent gardening gloves for christmas. I have no idea which are best, or where to look really. so does anyone have any recommendations? thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now