If you have a small garden where do you keep your tools?

(9 Posts)
PigletJohn Tue 16-Oct-12 00:04:12

hang stuff on walls, takes less room and is more accessible than thrown in a heap.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Tue 09-Oct-12 20:49:03

Maybe, but wood needs more maiantenance.

I had promised myself a wooden cold frame/grow house once the patio is redone, but that's now deferred to 2013 so I'm thinking I might get one anyway, and especially if I can find a winter bargain.

MooncupGoddess Tue 09-Oct-12 20:39:06

It's thick green plastic, Maud, inherited from my predecessors. Wood would be nicer, and I am fantasising about a wooden lean-to greenhouse if I ever get round to redoing my side return.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Tue 09-Oct-12 20:35:03

What's your chest made of, Goddess? Is it wooden or one of those plastic crate-type things?

MooncupGoddess Tue 09-Oct-12 20:28:39

I have a big outdoor storage chest, probably a metre or so long. It's great.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 08-Oct-12 19:35:04

Yes, dunno where u saw it but several websites/catalogues have them. You need to check how waterproof they are, if you'll be storing delicate stuff in them.

McLurkin Mon 08-Oct-12 19:13:27

Ooh garden bench storage - that sounds like a good idea. I will check it out, thanks.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 08-Oct-12 18:52:17

I have a small garden and ::euphemism:: a mini shed that used to be the outside loo. I'm going to extend the patio so that I can have a proper shed, but for your situation that store seems like a good option. Alternatively, there are garden benches that double as storage chests - have you got space for one of those? It'd hold a lot of stuff, although obviously not the bikes.

McLurkin Mon 08-Oct-12 13:46:53

If we got a shed, it would take over half the garden (well not quite, but there's really not room for one).

I have just ordered myself a border spade (just getting started with this gardening lark) and wondering where to store it, along with the outside brush, trowel and fork I already have, and assorted gubbins I will do doubt accummulate as time goes on.

The garden itself is on a slope, and is a small patch of artificial lawn, bordered by a hedge and two wide borders, so I don't think anything can go there but we have a patio (about 4m x 5m I think), where we could put a small storage place.

Is it worth investing in something like this? www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200406&pf_id=DD4475D (Quite attracted to this one on an initial google as DP would prob appreciate the extra bike storage space). Or are there alternatives to this kind of thing I haven't thought of?

Also, if you have a mini shed/storage thingo already, greatly appreciate tips re good/bad ones, things to think about etc.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now