Help me in 25 words to win a new back garden makeover

(10 Posts)
tabbycat15 Thu 27-Sep-12 13:43:56

I live in Australia & 4 years ago we built our house. There are a lot of things that are not included & we just don't have the money to finish ours.

A radio stn is offering a competition where you have to send in a photo of the garden & say in 25 words why you think that you should win. I'm am not good at all with thinking of anything snappy but I would really like to win.

I had a horrible childhood, my parents died when I was a baby & I lived in foster care where I was mentally & physically abused. I never had any thing nice, they bought birthday & Xmas presents for their own kids & my brother & I had nothing. I had to live with my brother from age 16 & work 2 jobs & study full time. I ended up anorexic & suffer with depression. I always feel that everything's a struggle & that I have to always go without. We have a big mortgage & a loan & could never afford to finish our house. I work 2 jobs with no holidays but it's still not enough. I have 2 small girls & I feel terrible that they have no grass to play on.
Our back yard is just sand & weeds. We are also on a big block so the area is huge.

If any one can think of anything in 25 words that would make me stand out & be in with a chance I'd really appreciate it.

HeathRobinson Thu 27-Sep-12 14:00:10

I would really like to win to give my kids a chance to play in a wonderful family garden, to transform this pit to paradise.

Or something!

Good luck! smile

tabbycat15 Thu 27-Sep-12 15:20:34

Thank you so much that's fantastic.

fuzzysnout Thu 27-Sep-12 17:37:45

Perhaps try to get the name of the radio station in there somewhere - companies love cheesy advertising opportunities like that. Good luck - hope you win grin

iklboo Thu 27-Sep-12 18:06:41

I'm appealing to X radio station
Give my garden transformation
It's looking bad, your help I'm needin'
Turn it from wasteland to Eden.

HeathRobinson Thu 27-Sep-12 21:21:58

He he, I like that, iklboo. grin

tabbycat15 Fri 28-Sep-12 01:43:46

Great thank you.

iklboo Fri 28-Sep-12 17:44:09

Good luck tabby!

tabbycat15 Sat 29-Sep-12 08:36:06

Thank you I hope I win with your contribution, it's fantastic.

iklboo Sat 29-Sep-12 16:26:13

Aw tabby blush thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now