Nearing the end of my degree and doing my disseration...Maths anxiety

(4 Posts)
user1479758991 Mon 21-Nov-16 20:16:48

Hi mums, new to this site, I'm Sophie, mum to three year old Ava Finally seeing the light at the end of my undergraduate tunnel! Here's why I am posting. For my dissertation I have been given the topic of maths anxiety and how/why/when it develops in children and adults. To answer these questions my dissertation partner and I have designed to questionnaires targeting under 16s and over 16s. I am hoping to post the under 16 one on this site, so it can be seen by parents before hand and they are giving their consent for their child to participate. It's some really interesting research that we are doing and hope to use the collected data to transfer onto our theoretical framework to decide when the intervention should be implemented and looking at new interventions within the school setting to promote children's interest in wanting to understand more maths and encouraging them to answer more questions. I am very keen with this subject as I know it is something that may effect my child one day. Again, as I am new to this site I am not sure how this works! Guess I am putting this out there to see if any mums would be keen to participate and or ask their child to complete it? Each participant can enter their name into a draw for a voucher too! It's not ready to go live yet, but we're are just testing the pilot questionnaire at present so it will be ready in the next few days, Just looking to get some feedback! smile

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Mon 21-Nov-16 20:54:34

I'd be willing to help out, second year student on a teaching course here! My two oldest children are 12 and 16 if that's any help, the youngest can't answer questions yet smile

Sounds an interesting topic for your dissertation.

Soph2109 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:08:46

Hi that's great thanks! I will post the URL when it has been piloted. Yeah it is really interesting research, the literature search has been interesting to get into as well, I mean there is a lot out there about it already, just finding that little gap for my research to be justified.

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Nov-16 22:25:46

A warm welcome to MN
We have a section on Student Parents if that's of interest.
Let us know whether you need us to move

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now