24+ learning loan

(8 Posts)
winkywinkola Sun 27-Jul-14 21:07:05

I'm not sure if I qualify for this.

I want to do a Level 2 Beauty Therapy course from September. I've got a BA and an MSc in unrelated fields.

I've called the college but everyone is on holiday it seems.

Can anyone enlighten me a bit?

Caramelkate Sun 27-Jul-14 21:16:14

I got funding to do a level 3 course in youth work related stuff. I already had a degree/phd which I haven't paid off yet, so it's perfectly possible. You gave to start paying it back when you earn. 21k.

winkywinkola Mon 28-Jul-14 10:10:43

How do you go about getting it and how long does it take to process please?

LeapingOverTheWall Mon 28-Jul-14 10:29:51

I got a letter from my training provider with the reference numbers the Student Loans people needed, filled in their online form, and got the paperwork back within a couple of weeks. I'm not sure that a level 2 course qualifies though - I'm starting a level 3 diploma in September, but had to pay for the level 2 Certificate myself.

LIZS Mon 28-Jul-14 10:37:16

Think it is level 3 and above and may only apply to the first course taken at that level . Degree is level 4 for example.

jaspercat2002 Mon 28-Jul-14 13:03:08

You can ring Student Finance England on 0300 100 0619 to check eligibility for the 24+ loan. I had to ring them this morning and they were really helpful.

winkywinkola Mon 28-Jul-14 13:20:47

Thank you for that. Yes it is Level 3 upwards. Damn.

mak123 Tue 29-Jul-14 21:39:36

I think you will find that 24+ loans are only for level 3 courses at the moment so you will not qualify for one for a level 2 course and given your existing qualifications it seems unlikely to me you will get other fee remission. of course this is all on limited info so you will need to check with the college you are applying to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now