A levels as an adult/mature student?

(5 Posts)
gindrinker Sat 08-Mar-14 17:20:04

Has anyone retaken or gone back to do A levels as an adult?
I have some unfinished business with A level maths from about 15 years ago. I didn't work hard enough as a 16 year old and want to prove to myself that I can do it.

If you did them as an evening class approx how much did they cost, or if you did them via distance learning who did you use?

I can't find anything about costs on the local college websites as they all mention funding/loans. I don't think id be able to use this as I have a degree and I'm only doing it for 'fun'.

rightsaidfrederick Fri 14-Mar-14 00:53:12

You're correct that you won't get funding for it - you'll fall under the ELQ rules, I'm afraid.

I'd suggest ringing up your local college to ask about the fees.

AbneyorTeal Tue 29-Apr-14 18:42:21

Did you look into this further, gindrinker? I would like to do the same thing. I can't find an evening class so wondering about distance learning but not sure who is good.

jocrump1194 Wed 03-Sep-14 22:49:43

I have recently taken two A'Levels with Learn Now Distance Learning College. They have allowed me to pay for my A'Levels on instalments. Website is www.learnnow.org.uk

fluffywhitekittens Wed 03-Sep-14 22:57:10

I failed a level geography but did it again in my late 20s and got an A smile
Had to pay off it though and that was a few years back now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now