Erasmus student

(5 Posts)
harbinger Wed 16-Oct-13 22:36:22

What is the best way to send bulky/heavy belongings to Europe?

It's beginning to get cold and she can't buy certain foods that are very English.

MrsWOLF1 Fri 18-Oct-13 17:35:41

Hi its just cost me £6 to send ds 2 pkts of biscuits will in future just put extra cash in his acc he.will.eat most stuff so was only sending it as a little pressie !! Where is ur dd studying ? People are already asking re sending Xmas gifts as ds is staying in Sweden so am going to look online 4 options surface mail is cheaper but takes up to 56 days !!

harbinger Fri 18-Oct-13 18:41:50

DD is in Spain and has left her jumpers at home for us to send on hmm as her case was already full (max. weight).--Not a light packer,family trait--

She also NEEDS marmite, peanut butter (not the American gloop on the 'English aisle') and 'proper' teabags. I think she means something that will make builder's tea, Yorkshire or Tetleys perhaps.

MrsWOLF1 Sat 19-Oct-13 11:37:53

U can take the t bags out of the box & put into sandwich bags will be a lot lighter jars will prob weigh heavy perhaps her tastes will change !!

bachsingingmum Thu 14-Nov-13 14:05:12

My DD used DHL to send a box of her "stuff" back from Germany after her Erasmus year. It worked well in that direction and wasn't too hideously expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now