Open University

(5 Posts)
guineapiglet Sat 06-Jul-13 20:55:16

Used to work for OU years ago, fab institution, good luck with your choice. Website should hopefully be self explanatory re enrolment and procedures. Not sure where you are but each region should have a regional centre where you can go for info and advice. Or try phoning they are very student/customer focussed and will be able to help.

memphis83 Sat 06-Jul-13 20:49:03

I clicked on events in my area as the website confused me and by luck they were in my area today so I popped down and it was great.
If your household income is below £25k it is funded, if not then the fees can be payed by a student loan. The loan is only payable on your income value and not household income, up to £21k pa you pay nothing and for part time study its payable £7 per month per £1000 over the 21k you earn.
If you are disabled they also help with computers and dictaphones etc.
They are calling me next week and I should start in Oct.

LaVolcan Sat 08-Jun-13 13:39:28

Try this link:
Open University

The good thing is that you can start with one module and see how you get on. Financial help is available if you don't already have a degree.

ButchCassidy Sat 08-Jun-13 13:36:21

A cheeky bump as Im clueless and need helpsmile

ButchCassidy Sat 08-Jun-13 12:58:54

Just looking for advice

Im really wanting to do a degree in English Lit - Creative Writing

It would be my first degree and because of childcare/finances would be through the Open University.

How do I apply?
Would a student loan cover my fees?
Just looking for help??

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now