More than one student loan?

(3 Posts)
potentialstudent Thu 30-May-13 06:07:24

Thanks titchy!

titchy Wed 29-May-13 20:19:00

You're eligible for the equivalent of four full time years of fee loans, so if the OU course is worth half a year, you'll still have 3.5 full time years worth of loans, which would cover a full time 3 year degree, or equivalent such as birkbecks 4 year part time degrees. You could start at Birkbeck without doing OU first tthough

potentialstudent Wed 29-May-13 18:52:35

Hi, I have spent the afternoon looking at the direct gov pages but I can't seem to find a definitive answer...

I am a working Mum in my forties without a degree. My children are teens now and I would like to do a degree at an evening college such as Birkbeck.

I have A levels gained many years ago and was thinking of doing an OU 60 point course this year to get back into studying and show that I am committed enough. I don't want to do a whole degree via OU and the OU course will probably not be eligible for any credit against the degree at Birkbeck which is part time evenings and takes 4 years. I can get a student loan for the OU course which is over £2000 as I can't really afford to pay upfront. But if I take out a loan for it, can I still get a loan for my part time 4 year degree course? The loan I am looking at is fees only.

Many thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now