some advice about taking highers when older

(4 Posts)
parisfernandez Tue 23-Apr-13 11:08:01

Thank you so much. That Website is brilliant and an access to higher education course sounds perfect. I can hopefully get the ball rolling.

Thanks so much for replying.

Almostfifty Mon 22-Apr-13 21:52:46

You want to see if it's possible to do an Access course to University. My DS is doing one at the moment and is hopefully off to University in September.

parisfernandez Mon 22-Apr-13 20:24:15

Hi - sorry if that title makes no sense.

I left school at 16 with 8 standard grades (im in Scotland). I was badly bullied and was too scared to go back to school to do my highers so i just left and got a full time job.

I'm 24 now and pregnant with my second child. I have worked my way up in hospitality and im currently management level and i love my job. I have decided that I don't want to return after my maternity leave and i want to go back go some form of education. (DP runs own business so i will live off him, not off the state)

I know i want to go to university to study law but i cant apply for any courses because I never stayed on at school.

Is there any way I can sit my higher exams? Can I do this in a college or from home?

I don't even know where to start. I was thinking about going to see a careers advisor but as far as I'm aware they are only available for school aged people.

Any advice, pointers etc would be great.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now