Where to do a pttls course? London

(6 Posts)
BranchingOut Sat 23-Mar-13 09:45:04

Hello,
I am thinking of doing a pttls course. There seem to be a million and one private providers, plus FE colleges.

I already have a PGCE so some of the intensive routes might be viable for me. Would anyone recommend a particular college or provider in London?

Thanks.

LIZS Sat 23-Mar-13 09:48:09

If you have a pgce why do PTLLS ?

BranchingOut Sat 23-Mar-13 11:45:14

To have a qualification in working with adults, rather than young children.

LIZS Sat 23-Mar-13 11:54:49

If you have a PGCE or Cert Ed you don't need it though , even to work on Government funded adult education provision although it is a nice to have particularly if you haven't taught in a while. This gives you a range of providers and options . Intensive courses are fine if you already have teaching experience, less so if you are learning on the job. If you plan to work for any specific organisation they may part or fully fund the course and you just pay the accreditation fee, so may be worth approaching them first.

BranchingOut Sat 23-Mar-13 12:43:14

Definitely doing as a 'nice to have', rather than because I want to be a FE tutor. My organisation does a lot of training, which I am heavily involved in developing and, increasingly, delivering.

Is there any way of reading reviews of private providers?

BranchingOut Sun 24-Mar-13 08:24:55

Anyone done an intensive course and could recommend their provider?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now