Bad first As results

(7 Posts)
skyblue11 Thu 07-Mar-13 16:16:37

DD got EEC today, she is really upset as she got E in Biology and we had a tutor and had a really bad Christmas as she put so much into her revision, she can't resit them as I am sure she would never cope with the workload, she's struggling now.

She intends to talk to each of her teachers then the head of year to see what her options are.

Feel gutted for her, she has never had a E in her life.

I would highly recommend getting her papers back to see where she went wrong. This is best done ASAP as there is a small window on getting them re-marked. Was the Biology one AQA? There's been some very odd results for the Unit 1 exam.

Tallyra Thu 07-Mar-13 16:28:41

I work in a school and we have had some incredibly bad science results for no apparent reason. I wonder if there's been something happen like it did with the English GCSE?

Theas18 Thu 07-Mar-13 17:00:44

Marking place as this is my experience too.

exgov Thu 07-Mar-13 17:30:08

Another batch of lower than expected results on the science front here. It's so hard when they are working towards conditional offers.

skyblue11 Thu 07-Mar-13 20:21:09

She will get the paper back though it will cost us £10!
It was AQA,,,,, she was getting consistent B's in the test papers for Bio.

bangwhizz Thu 07-Mar-13 20:46:40

With science papers understanding is not enough.The wording of answers is very important, you have to include certain words and not others

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now