So my level 2 long essay.....

(6 Posts)
Manchesterhistorygirl Sat 23-Feb-13 23:50:39

I'm looking for help in putting an argument together to be allowed to start my level 2 long essay this summer instead of waiting until semester 2 in 2013/14 year.

I'm reading history and want to make use of the enormous summer break rather than cramming everything into a ten week stretch next year.

I'm a mature student btw so I'm going to use that as a basis for my argument and use time management as my main argument. What would you, as a supervisor say?

Thanks.

creamteas Sun 24-Feb-13 09:33:47

I'm not sure why you need permission?

Not sure how the long essay fits into your degree, but the the first stages are reading and taking notes so surely you could always start anyway confused

Rhinosaurus Sun 24-Feb-13 09:38:39

Presumably you know the subject of the essay, and also the criteria required?

If so, I don't see why not.

If you don't have this you could be doing a lot of work for nothing!

As another angle, there is a lot of research around about the learning styles mature students prefer.

Manchesterhistorygirl Sun 24-Feb-13 11:00:43

I don't have a question yet,I have to come up with that by myself, but ideally (and this is the crucial bit) it has to be based on my academic advisors area of speciality.

mathanxiety Sat 09-Mar-13 05:24:58

I think the time element is part of what you are expected to juggle with though. If you are allowed to get cracking during the summer then you are essentially getting more time than other students to complete the work.

Manchesterhistorygirl Sat 09-Mar-13 10:08:34

Spoke to my academic advisors and have been given the go ahead to make a start on my research and question. He made it abundantly clear that any student is welcome to do the same, but its generally only the mature students that do so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now