I feel like the biggest fucking idiot in the world

(39 Posts)
msrisotto Tue 05-Feb-13 09:20:07

Slight over reaction and I'm sure i'm not the first person this has happened to but I took a major exam yesterday. Major in that if I pass it, I could get an interview to do a course which would give me a professional qualification and set me up for life. I am qualified and experienced to deserve an interview and i'm clever enough to pass the test. But I got flustered. The time limit was short and I misinterpreted one of the questions worth nearly a quarter of the points. I'm pretty sure I will have got zero for that question when I know the answer now. I just misinterpreted the quite vague question. Literally hundreds of people are taking this same exam over the rest of the month so i'm sure I will just be screened out and they only recruit once a year. I am absolutely gutted.

I have wondered about emailing or phoning the course director to explain but what if they then warn people yet to take the test about the vague question? That will disadvantage me more as if they leave it as it is, at least others might make the same mistake. God I am so angry at myself and embarassed, I feel so stupid when i'm bloody not.

wineoclocktimeyet Tue 21-May-13 13:17:53

Has the interview happened mrsisotto?

Any news?

funnyperson Sun 05-May-13 14:21:09

Splendid! Well done! smile

msrisotto Tue 30-Apr-13 18:53:27

Thank you! I'm pretty damn chuffed!

eatyourveg Tue 30-Apr-13 18:48:24

great news - well done smile

fussychica Tue 30-Apr-13 18:27:29

Well done you!

Ooh, just seen this! Brilliant.

Congratulations to you. smile

senua Mon 29-Apr-13 15:50:41

Well done you! That's brilliant. Such good news.
gringringrin

LemonEmmaP Mon 29-Apr-13 15:25:38

grin Fantastic news! Well done

soaccidentprone Mon 29-Apr-13 15:24:52

You go girl!

You sound like my friend - convinced she hadn't done well in her BA.

She got a 1stgrin

Congratulations

msrisotto Mon 29-Apr-13 15:20:59

I only went and got the job too didn't I?!!! grin

funnyperson Mon 18-Mar-13 18:44:22

Brilliant! You didn't do as badly as you thought! Maybe you emailing also helped!
Good luck for your interview. smile

senua Sun 17-Mar-13 12:20:19

Great news! Your tenacity paid off. grin
Good luck for the interview.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 17-Mar-13 07:33:45

Brilliant grin

All that worrying for nothing!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - let us know how it goes smile

msrisotto Sun 17-Mar-13 07:28:22

Next month, thanks for the good wishes!

JaquelineHyde Sun 17-Mar-13 07:25:02

Congratulations grin

Incapinka Sun 17-Mar-13 07:24:47

Yay! Good luck! When's the interview? smile

msrisotto Sun 17-Mar-13 07:21:06

Oh! Oh! Oh! Update!

My email was never responded to but they sent me a letter inviting me to interview! grin YAY!

senua Sat 23-Feb-13 19:58:10

Oh, I was hoping that you were posting with some news. Keep on hanging in there. Is there anyone else to speak to, apart from the non-communicating director?

msrisotto Sat 23-Feb-13 07:24:03

Hi, well I called several times and didn't get hold of the director so I emailed and never got a response either! I am still waiting to hear either way.

funnyperson Sat 23-Feb-13 07:16:28

What was the outcome?

msrisotto Wed 06-Feb-13 19:07:09

I feel better for deciding to take action! I called the director twice today but she was chockablock with meetings.....i'll try tomorrow.

senua Wed 06-Feb-13 18:50:09

You have probably made the right choice mrsR.
My DS made a silly mistake in one of his GCSEs which he didn't twig until after he had left the exam hall. It could have been easily corrected by a crossing-out.
I immediately marched him back into school to see the exams officer to ask if we could make the correction. She said no. I knew that she would say no. But at least I could say to DS that I tried to remedy the situation.
I bet that you feel (slightly) better after taking action. How did it go? <not holding my breath>

I think it's good to have both views, you may well be right she will be told that it was deliberate. But at least she knows we've all had the same experience, whatever reply she gets! smile

So, OP, don't feel like an idiot!

OneLieIn Wed 06-Feb-13 11:09:10

Give the director a call you have nothing to lose!!!

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 06-Feb-13 11:05:15

I'm glad you flagged my up LRD I would hate for OP not to question the exam based on what I had said smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now