'Cheap' degrees

(6 Posts)
MrsTruper Fri 11-Jan-13 13:01:26

Has anyone found any useful resources that bring together & critique the whole area of 'cheap' degrees e.g. distance learning, employer funded study, studying abroad.......

(I don't need info on bursaries and scolarships offered by the usual UK unis)

Thanks in advance

Milliways Fri 11-Jan-13 19:44:16

I was talking to someone today whose son has an offer for a Business Management degree where 1 year is charged fees and the others are industry sponsored. I had never heard of that before.

TheCollieDog Sat 12-Jan-13 10:14:25

I'm afraid that in higher ed., you get what you pay for ...

Good distance learning is not cheap: indeed, if it's done properly, it should & does cost much the same as face-to-face education.

boomting Sat 12-Jan-13 18:32:58

Collie - I think that pretty much sums things up.

MrsTruper Sat 12-Jan-13 19:41:40

Well, it is not the case that you get what you pay for - who pays full price if you don't need to?.. do your research! I won't say any more...

boomting Sat 12-Jan-13 20:40:51

The problem with studying for a full degree abroad is that there is no student finance, so you have to pay for it all yourself, upfront.

Distance learning is often looked upon with a great deal of scepticism by employers.

Employer funding - nice if you can get it, but with all the unemployed graduates out there, I think you'd struggle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now