Has anyone done a Masters in Voluntary Sector Management ?

(8 Posts)
bulletpoint Fri 21-Dec-12 23:34:29

Or a Masters in a similar subject, if you did can you share where you did it how you found the ourse and would you recommend that particular university.

I know they have a fab course at City University, but unfortunately couldn't get onto it (not enough experience apparently) so is there anywhere else ?

bulletpoint Fri 21-Dec-12 23:58:17

Bump.

bulletpoint Sat 22-Dec-12 09:10:23

Hoping someone will come along soon smile

Lomaamina Fri 28-Dec-12 20:41:28

I don't have a direct answer, but have you tried searching www.findamasters.com/?

Lomaamina Fri 28-Dec-12 20:43:46

And here are the search results for keywords ^voluntary sector management^: www.findamasters.com/search/courses.aspx?keywords=voluntary+sector+management.

It goes without saying that some of the universities listed have better reputations for teaching quality than others.

Lomaamina Fri 28-Dec-12 20:45:04

Lastly, I'd ask the course tutors themselves if they have any recommendations. After all: you've nothing to lose.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Fri 28-Dec-12 20:48:36

Haven't done it but wouldn't rely on it if you're hoping it will get you a job.

I'd go for a straight forward business or management course. Doesn't have to be voluntary sector.

bulletpoint Sun 06-Jan-13 22:57:42

Didnt know i had some responses. Yes i have looked at findamasters.com, ut i was hoping to discuss with someone who had actually done the course.

Marymother - i need a course in voluntary sector management specifically as its my field, ive already got a postgrad management qualiication. The content of both are very different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now