more universities taking January starters - anyone know which ones?

(8 Posts)
eatyourveg Tue 11-Dec-12 21:40:38

the telegraph says ucas figures show there are 417 courses available for semster B entry - can't see how to find out what they are? Does anyone know where on ucas I should be looking?

creamteas Tue 11-Dec-12 23:03:52

Not sure there is an list. You would need to check out individual institutions. London Met and Northumbria do this, and do do some FE colleges that offer HE courses.

In most cases it is a very limited choice

sashh Wed 12-Dec-12 07:39:35

It will mostly be the ones that used to be polys.

Itwillendinsmiles Wed 12-Dec-12 08:35:39

I know Stafford and Coventry are - but there are very limited course choices.

senua Wed 12-Dec-12 10:33:10

I can't see anything on the UCAS site, either. There is a FAQ about deadline dates but no mention at all of January entry (do they really call it Semester B? how prosaic).
I thought that the January entry were NHS-funded degrees for nursing, midwifery, etc. Do other subjects do it, too?

eatyourveg Wed 12-Dec-12 12:44:27

yes there are other subjects - see here the article and this seems to indicate that there are places at qmul and goldsmiths both of which were on ds's radar when he was looking last year. Not sure how reliable the info is but worth asking the uni themselves I think

BeckAndCallWithBoughsOfHolly Thu 13-Dec-12 09:37:49

The private universities/colleges intake in January for all their subjects - Buckingham, Kaplan and BPP.

I imagine the majority of the numbers elsewhere are NHS courses, tho.

boomting Thu 13-Dec-12 14:08:46

There are adverts on the radio stating that Bolton are taking January starters. I can see such courses being popular with students from the southern hemisphere, where the school year runs Jan - Dec.

However, it tends to only be the cruddy end of the university market that takes students in January. Most people will find that they are better off sending in a UCAS application now (deadline is Jan 15th) for September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now