Are there any full time jobs to teach english at gcse and alevel in fe colleges?

(52 Posts)
Veniceredmask01 Tue 04-Dec-12 08:29:25

Is it possible to teach GCSE and Alevel English full time in post compulsory education?
Hi hope some one can enlighten me, I am on a PGCE in post compulsory education. I only wish to teach GCSE and Alevel English. I do not wish to teach Literacy functional skills. Would it be possible to teach this full time. Or would it just be part time hours? Also is there a salary or are you paid by the hour? My university have never given me a clear answer. They keep saying to teach functional skills, I tried this and it was hell I was called the c word and my mentor thought this was acceptable. As you might understand I would prefer to teach learned who want to learn. Is this realistic?

Hope you can help.

tethersjinglebellend Fri 07-Dec-12 09:35:58

Err... You do know the phrase is "those who can, do; those who can't, teach", don't you?

That's not very nice to the OP. you could almost say it's bullying.

SolomanDaisy Fri 07-Dec-12 09:56:14

Welcome to Mumsnet sam11480. I am very impressed that you have managed to identify the one person on the forum talking sense. So soon after joining too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now