Open university Q

(3 Posts)

It's 2 30 point modules, so 60 in total but struggling with everything else!

I've called them today and asked about deferring one until the next start date and they said it should be fine, waiting on a call back to confirm. Fingers crossed!

BlackandGold Thu 25-Oct-12 16:31:00

How many points are you doing?

I would say one 60 point course is plenty if you are also working and have a family.

Hi all,

I started an open degree this year and already finding it hard to keep up!

I am doing two modules, one I love, the other has been slow going to start.

I am also working 5 days a week and am doing a Teaching assistant course along side (I signed up for both before I knew anything from the other and turns out I was accepted to do both!)

Also have 3 kids and 1 has asd so it's tough!

I don't know what to do, I thought my contract at work was due to end in January and because of the economic climate they wouldn't extend it but my HR manager today told me how much they love me so guess I'll be stating unless I choose to leave but really I do like what I'm currently doing although its not the career I want.

I don't want to stop doing OU as I am enjoying the maths module but doing the two together is tricky with everything else I'm doing at the moment.

Anyone know where I stand on deferring a module at least til I have finished the TA training course in July and where I stand with student finance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now