UCAS applications

(469 Posts)
mumblechum1 Fri 12-Oct-12 09:24:31

When are people's DCs planning on finalising their personal statements, with a view to getting the UCAS applns sent off?

DS's school have done the grade predictions but as far as I know haven't done the reference bit yet.

DS has done the first draft of his PS, has feedback from his tutor and is aiming to polish it up this weekend.

<<prays everyone isn't going to post that their DCs applicacations were submitted to UCAS last month and have already got their offers>> wink

MABS Mon 03-Jun-13 09:12:49

great timing newferry! smile

MariscallRoad Mon 03-Jun-13 16:12:23

NewFerry Good luck to DS tomorrow smile. Exams are stress and may be he wanted a change of environment. DS was hard working for his exams but he avoided to revise on the day before I do not know why .

IKnowWhat Mon 03-Jun-13 21:56:56

Here is one Uni's info on The ABB Grade issue as referred to by NeedMoreSleep.

MABS Tue 04-Jun-13 17:20:35

many thanks, dd knows she screwed up a big question in business today sad

NewFerry Tue 04-Jun-13 18:19:08

Oh mabs, sad hopefully she will have done better on the rest of the paper and still get the grade she needs

DS finished 40 mins early, and thought the resistant materials paper was pretty straight forward. Last time he thought this he missed the last page of the exam entirely!
I think I may need to break out the wine, even though its only Tuesday wine

MABS Tue 04-Jun-13 21:24:40

Wine out here too!

melodyangel Wed 05-Jun-13 12:40:40

Thinking of you all and your DC's

MABS How is your DS doing?

xylem8 Wed 05-Jun-13 15:06:20

DS first exam of this sitting tomorrow.Mechanics .Have banned him from revising today, so he is fresh for it tomorrow

MABS Wed 05-Jun-13 16:14:52

Ds not very well Melody, thank for asking, appreciate it smile

NewFerry Wed 05-Jun-13 20:11:29

Mabs, sorry to hear DS still poorly. It must be adding extra pressure at an already stressful time, I hope you are managing ok.

MABS Thu 06-Jun-13 08:16:19

thanks girls, how were ystdy exams? dd has one tmro

NewFerry Thu 06-Jun-13 09:42:47

DS sitting a maths paper now.
I'm supposed to be revising for an accountancy exam next week, but instead I'm fretting (& mumsnetting)

xylem8 Thu 06-Jun-13 14:39:35

which accountancy exams are you doing NewFerry. I did ACCA years ago and still shudder at the memory!

NewFerry Fri 07-Jun-13 07:44:57

AAT business tax sad

But in good news, DS thought his maths exam was ok.

xylem8 Fri 07-Jun-13 08:03:24

was he doing mechanics?

NewFerry Fri 07-Jun-13 13:04:08

Yes. What did your DS think of the paper?

melodyangel Fri 07-Jun-13 14:30:34

Good luck to all your DC's.

MABS - so sorry to hear he is still so poorly. Hope things improve soon.

MABS Sat 08-Jun-13 10:16:32

dd said geog was good yesterday!

minsmum Sun 09-Jun-13 15:26:24

My dd thought geog was good friday too. It all seems to be over really quickly, she had 4 exams this week and one next Friday and that's it bar the worrying.
She wasn't best pleased with her RS exam but not too unhappy with the rest so far.

NewFerry Sun 09-Jun-13 18:46:44

DS is taking the Edexcel maths papers and their teacher has told them that most of the papers are emergency replacements as the original papers had been left out in a school somewhere, so they all had to be replaced.

Not sure if it's at all significant, just an interesting fact to share.

Actually, are there any stats showing whether emergency papers tend to give rise to better or worse results? And if so, do I want to know?

boomting Sun 09-Jun-13 19:57:09

NewFerry - all it will be is a paper that is written for that specification, but with slightly different (but no harder / easier) questions from the original paper. The difference in papers will be similar to the difference between this year's and last year's papers.

MABS Mon 10-Jun-13 08:52:14

don't know Newferry.

MABS Wed 19-Jun-13 17:03:02

all over tmro lunchtime smile

eatyourveg Wed 19-Jun-13 22:24:35

Here is the link for the maths edexcel fiasco

melodyangel Thu 20-Jun-13 17:41:15

Hope your all holding up been thinking of you all and your DC's.

Have started filling a box with bits for DS to take to uni. He will be the one with the cupcake cases and icing set, it was that or put them in the charity box. I feel he is going to beg me to stop decluttering before he ends up with a room full of random stuff and nothing useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now