UCAS applications

(469 Posts)
mumblechum1 Fri 12-Oct-12 09:24:31

When are people's DCs planning on finalising their personal statements, with a view to getting the UCAS applns sent off?

DS's school have done the grade predictions but as far as I know haven't done the reference bit yet.

DS has done the first draft of his PS, has feedback from his tutor and is aiming to polish it up this weekend.

<<prays everyone isn't going to post that their DCs applicacations were submitted to UCAS last month and have already got their offers>> wink

minsmum Sun 17-Feb-13 16:20:05

Manchesters lovely Mabs

MABS Wed 20-Feb-13 20:40:10

Good to smilehear

ISingSoprano Wed 27-Feb-13 17:03:25

How's it going with everyone? The deed is done here, DS has just made his offer acceptances on UCAS. Southampton is his Firm and Plymouth his Insurance. Just got to get the grades now.....

MariscallRoad Wed 27-Feb-13 20:13:47

ISingSoprano congratulations to DS for Southampton smile!

JellicleCat Thu 28-Feb-13 23:19:30

Still waiting for Edinburgh here. DD has been told offers will be made in March. I just hope it is the beginning of March not the end. I just want her to get on and accept the offer she wants so we can move on to other things like accommodation and student finance. Aargh!

mumeeee Thu 28-Feb-13 23:35:00

DD3 is still waiting for Kingston. JellicleCat I have discovered you can apply for stident finance before DD has acepted any offers, She just puts in the university that she thinks she is going to and then can change it at a later date if she decides on a different university. She has registered to apply and we have started on the journey of geting her DSA thanks everyone for thier help on that mater.

ISingSoprano Fri 01-Mar-13 09:18:35

Good luck to everyone still awaiting offers - keep us posted!

Ds has had a change of heart and decided not to have a gap year and go straight to University instead. Mad panic now to think about applying for accommodation and finance - there was me thinking he wouldn't be doing that for another year.

melodyangel Fri 01-Mar-13 13:21:51

ISingSoprano Congrats to your DS! Ds1 is hoping for Southampton, he has an interview next week.

Gets his resits results next week too, I think. Lots of nail biting here.

Good luck to everyone DC's.

ISingSoprano Fri 01-Mar-13 15:03:57

melodyangel what is your ds hoping to study at Southampton? We have re-sit results next week too - I'll join you in the nail biting!

JellicleCat Sat 02-Mar-13 02:04:02

Thanks mumeeee will check it out.

JellicleCat Sat 02-Mar-13 02:07:30

OK just checked, web-site (Scotland) says you can apply from April, so I will just have to wait.

mumeeee Sun 03-Mar-13 16:17:51

We're in Wales and the deadline for student finance applications is 19th April. This is a bit early as universities don't have to offer a student a place until May although most do by the end of March.

NewFerry Wed 06-Mar-13 07:16:52

Just wishing everybody's DC (inc mine), good luck in the exam results tomorrow x

melodyangel Wed 06-Mar-13 12:50:55

ISingSoprano He is hoping to study Chemistry.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow, starting to feel sick with nerves.

Milliways Wed 06-Mar-13 16:15:20

More good luck wishes here. DS will be making his firm/insurance choices based on these (like most others) so I hope the UCAS website is ready! smile

mumeeee Wed 06-Mar-13 22:54:25

Another one who is saying good luck to all those young peopls who are geting exam results tomorrow. As DD3 is doing a BTECH extended diploma she isn't waiting for results. Just frantically working on her assignments and geting stressed that she want make the grades she needs for uni. I'll be glad when she's finished college as sen is driving DH and I up the wall.

MariscallRoad Wed 06-Mar-13 22:58:47

good luck to all who wait for exam results smile

Milliways Thu 07-Mar-13 16:27:31

How did you all get on? I just posted on another thread thinking it was this one (A Jan results thread).

DS was chuffed with solid A's in 3 Maths papers so is now going to firm Manchester as 1st choice. On advice from here he had already stated his accommodation preferences there.

MABS Sun 10-Mar-13 12:36:39

results were not good for dd sad her As and Bs all went down to C and even D! We are having a rather torrid time as ds has been in/out of hosptal for last 6 weeks, so bit of a nightmare

melodyangel Mon 11-Mar-13 09:41:15

Sorry to hear your DS is still very poorly MABS hope he gets better soon. Will your DD's grades pull down her overall mark?

Results here were good. DS has improved his overall grade so should be off to uni this September if he can decide where to go.

Congrats to your DS Milliways fantastic results.

JellicleCat Sat 16-Mar-13 18:48:16

Edinburgh offer finally arrived yesterday. Why are they so much later than the others??

mumeeee Sun 17-Mar-13 19:45:24

JellicleCat they are not the only one DD3 and my niece are still waiting to hear from Kingston.

MABS Tue 19-Mar-13 14:48:36

sorry for silence, ds been hospital again. school are trying to get special consideration for her from exam board due to ds problems. we will see...

minsmum Wed 20-Mar-13 23:33:41

Hopefully they will manage to get it Mabs. It would seem to be only fair.

My dd got a B in her Jan exam not great but the highest in her school. She has decided that her firm is going to be UAE with brighton as her insurance. Like all the rest she just needs to get the grades

MABS Fri 22-Mar-13 14:11:28

good luck Minsmum with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now