Becoming an Ann Summers party rep

(12 Posts)

Does anyone do this?

I have an interview tomorrow evening and just wondered if anyone could tell me what's involved?

VeeBee3 Mon 26-Oct-09 16:00:46

Hi
I used to do this and have just signed back up to do it again.

You hire a kit for £3.50 per week. You use it to demonstrate some of the products that they sell. You will need to be confident in what you are selling and with the ladies attending the party. You generally earn approx 23% of sales but that depends on how much you put into it.

It's good fun, but you need to work at it. It's effectively you're business. Ideally you get future bookings from each party you do and a good way to get started is by asking Friends, family and others you know that may be interested in holding a party.

Hope that helps just let me know if there's anything else i can help you with.

Thank you VeeBee I'm generally a confident person anyway, have a good sense of humour and enjoy a laugh, but I am a bit nervous about the interview tomorrow. What sort of things will I be asked?
Tbh, I have got every job I have ever interviewed for, so I must do something right (or employers have always been that desperate).

I'm planning to hold the first one at my house and invite neighbours and friends and tell them to bring a friend but to be prepared to sit on the floor hmm and see how it goes.......

But just in case, what if after while, it's not going well and I want to get out of it? (hopefully that won't happen)

onadietcokebreak Mon 26-Oct-09 16:15:31

Checking in as interested too...used to do Body Shop but whenever I went to the Ann Summers partys I was always being head hunted!

VeeBee3 Mon 26-Oct-09 16:33:31

That sounds a really good way to start. They generally just ask about you and it's usually just a chat and they tell you a bit about the company how it works etc. They will ask about you and want you want from it, then ask what you think and if you're still interested.

Have a copy of passport or drivers licence and utility bill or bank statement ready in case you want to go ahead, as if you do they will sign you up there and then (depends on the unit manager).Just two forms of id. Don't worry if you haven't got it copied they will do it for.

Once you're signed up you should be able to go to a training party - a party that has been booked with your unit manager or other experienced party organiser. This will give you more info on how to run the party and prepare the hostess.

If you find that you don't want to carry on, then you tell your unit organiser and you will need to return your kit to head office. The kit needs to be of the same value that was sent out to you (£500)doesn't have to be the same items (as long as they are ann summers smile). As i said the you hire the kit at £3.50 per week usually until you have banked a certain amount approx £1200 which is easily achievable within a couple of months or so depending on the amount of parties you hold. Once you reach this you don't have to pay the weekly fee.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it I really did! I only left because i got a job in one of there stores and you're not allowed to do both, but now after having DC3 i'm better suited to the party plan side of things.

Onadietcokebreak - if you did body shop you'll probably do well at ann summers, doesn't hurt to give it a go!

Thanks VeeBee
I went to an Ann Summers party a few months back and was talking to the rep there. She was really nice and said she really enjoyed doing it.

So to make a profit, I just have to make more than £3.50 a week?

How do I pay the £3.50 a week? Do they take it out of my bank?

VeeBee3 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:00:40

Basically you need to make more than it costs you, so more than £3.50 if you have no parties. Example :If you hold a party then you need to make more than £3.50 plus cost of any raffle prizes and hostess gift. So if your raffle prize costs £10 and your gift costs £10.00 then you need to make more than £23.50. That's easy to do honestly!

You pay the £3.50 either using a debit/credit card over the phone or online, alternatively you can request a paying in book and you can do it over the counter at the bank.

Does that help? Hope i've explained the profit bit ok.

That's perfect. I just didn't realise the raffle prizes and gift came out of my pocket, but that sounds ok.
I'd have to make sales of about £100 to break even

VeeBee3 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:15:52

Yeah that's it. That's easy enough to do as even at my quieter parties i've managed to do £150. The prizes and the gift do come out of your pocket but you get your discount on them too. Good luck smile

Thank you. grin

Julie12harper Sat 22-Feb-14 20:24:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now