Anyone here an Avon Rep - what's it like, is it worth doing?

(113 Posts)
KirstyJC Thu 04-Jun-09 14:22:17

Afternoon! I was trying to think of some ways to earn a few extra pennies and am wondering about becoming an Avon Rep - we don't get any catalogues around here so maybe it would be worth a shot.

I just wondered if anyone else here has done this and what it is like? Do you need lots of storage space for items/catalogues? I assume you get a certain amount of catalogues which you deliver, then collect later and deliver to other homes etc, otherwise you would need thousands of them?!?

Also, I am on Mat Leave at the mo' but if I did this I think it would be good to continue once back at work full time, although maybe on a smaller scale. But, would that be possible if there is no-one here to receive deliveries of catalogues/items? I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting a bit too carried away and should just stop spending money instead of trying to earn more...!

krissagreenwood24 Tue 28-Jun-16 17:43:27

I've been an Avon rep for over a year, and absolutely love it and its definitely worthwhile. Its like any other job, if you put effort forth than you will see rewards and great pay. If you don't put an effort into it, then you may not do near as well as you'd like to. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a text or message me on Facebook.

Krissa Greenwood
My cell number is: 1-580-665-0506

LifeTreeWorld Sat 09-Apr-16 22:11:56

I did Avon for about a year. I probably averaged about £200 earnings a month, but it was a lot of work and a LOT of faff.

Dropping books off, ordering and packing the items - fine (boring but fine!). But the real pain in the arse is people not being in...asking you to come back tomorrow...turning up with their order and they have no cash handy or don't get paid until next week. A bloody nightmare sometimes.

I couldn't stick it any longer so chucked it in and am now an agent for LTW which is 100% online, better earnings and no catalogues or deliveries. Best thing I ever did. Can't say I would recommend Avon tbh.

brennigbee Thu 07-Apr-16 15:31:24

I have done Avon. I did it for about a year when my children were younger. Theoretically, it was ok. It did fit around my kids but there was A LOT of running around and putting out/collecting in brochures. I got annoyed by the constant out of stock items too... I also had a fair bit of customers deciding they didn't want their purchase as it takes a while to come, then there was a faff to get it sent back.
There was also a big hooha over the whole testing on animals thing and I decided it wasn't worth it... The amount of time I was putting in didn't reflect the profit I was making at all.
When my youngest was old enough to go to school full time I got a full time 9-5 job.
Two years ago I left my husband and had to drop my hours to part time to be there for my kids, so about 6 months ago I started with Forever Living (I'll wait for the Forever haters to pipe up here!) but compared to Avon, I'm finding it works much better for me, profit margins are much higher and team support is amazing. With Avon, it was virtually non existent!
Any info you'd like on Forever, let me know.... There's no big secret and no big scam, I think the mystery is just (as with everything) it works for some, not for others xx

Heatherjayne1972 Thu 31-Mar-16 17:16:23

Lot of legwork posting books in then going back cos people are out then going back again to deliver the goods it's fine if you don't mind that
They do test the products on animals tho
And for some reason they don't make foundation for very dark /Afro carribean skin
So there's good and bad. I did it for 7/8 years it's ok but won't make you a millionaire

Kellz92 Sat 05-Mar-16 16:19:30

I have recently became a rep and so far I'm loving it X

Ly83 Tue 16-Feb-16 11:57:15

Hi Mums , I got 4 small children and enjoy my little spare time job with Avon . I have to say honestly how happy my life is after I join this little lovely job . I got so many orders and there are so many people around me keep saying " I haven't seen an Avon lady around here for years " and " I used to do this lovely job when my children were little ". I earn around 50£ every campaign which is about 3 week . But the fact is I spend just maximum 1h for every 3 weeks . I'm saying the truth , not scams. May be with others but with me this job lifting my life so much both physical and mental as I'm meeting many lovely people include many elderly ladies are very nice . I think life is quite hard sometimes for all of us but the simple of happiness is around meeting other , having great chatting time together and giving each other something different around us as beauty and fashion . Sometimes just share each other what you're doing and what's you got to swap. That's why my little job is so exiting and bringing my happiness level up each time I meet up clients . They're my lovely friends now , not stranger anymore 😇❤️.
If you find my post cheer you up and would love to try like I did . Please give me a feed back and I'll share you my success so that you can have it too😘.
Ly 07598811221. Thank you !

sabrinat Tue 27-Oct-15 12:13:17

I was an Avon rep in Ireland few years back and got a few sales out of it and found it great but Avon ceased trading in Ireland so I found another company a few months back like Avon called fm cosmetics and joined and I have to say I love it

digitallife Fri 23-Oct-15 20:06:42

Hi there, I have been making money online since 2010 and started mobile marketing back in 2012.

To cut along story short I joined a company called essante. Essante is a non toxic health and beauty products. I was just searching google to see how much avon reps get and seen this thread.

I can tell you essante will make you more money. This company has been going on since 2009 and have been featured in TV shows plus red carpet.

I understand most people will not like essante because of the products being in $.
Because I work with essante I had to order my package it it arrived within 14 days.

Not trying to sell this but I know this will take off in the UK and if anyone who is interested in joining me and my team please contact me on fb

Or check out the essante site

All the best

PS I will help you market this and show you how to build websites. Check my blog out here to see who I am

carolynsateam Tue 16-Jun-15 13:53:51

This is a very old thread, but if people find it now (in 2015). At present the joining fee is £16 - spread over 2 campaigns (I think it may be going up to £20). If you don't submit an order, you don't pay the fee.
You have to get a minimum order of £87.50 before you earn 20% and £160 to earn 25%
You must pay for the brochures and bags etc (although the order forms are free) because you are self employed and you must register with HMRC.

Ralphynicole Mon 09-Feb-15 12:36:15

If you want something a little more ecofriendly and a company that pays cooperatively (no one gets paid a fat salary and we are all paid as distributors) why not have a look at my site?

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Wed 04-Feb-15 20:10:47

I know sub it's the thread that refuses to zombie-fy. Tbh it's worth having a look now and then to see what the latest scams I mean pyramid selling opportunities are...

suboptimal Tue 03-Feb-15 20:41:23

Jesus it's like pyramid sellers anonymous on here!

What the hell?! smile

Jessye26 Tue 03-Feb-15 20:35:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kaydellAVON ... something tells me you haven't QUITE got your pitch right for this crowd... Try nethuns?

Babyknits Mon 13-Oct-14 18:24:18

kaydellAVON Wed 08-Oct-14 22:16:42

Hi all mummies out there,
If your looking to earn extra money over Christmas or permanently then why not come and join my avon sales team!!!! smile

lynnjanet Sun 31-Aug-14 04:16:05

Elissa1982 Fri 01-Aug-14 16:30:00

Hi Kirsty!

Just like organic mummi - I have been with forever living - another beauty and wellness company. The products are fantastic - all based on Aloe Vera (including make-up)and bee hive. The starter kit is 199 and just like Neal's Yard you get such incredible training to help set you up. Your income is based on commission and bonuses - it depends really how much effort you put into it. I had never thought about it before but it is really fun and work from home too!

There are so many genuine opportunities out there - if you want to do it - then I think you need to decide what you are interested in and just give it a go!

Hope this helps!

BernadetteAvon Fri 01-Aug-14 12:18:01

As you can tell from my name I'm a team leader with Avon. I just wanted to clarify a few false things that are on this thread. Firstly, there is no "up front" fee: £16 is taken from your account only when you place your first order and this is split between your first and second order. Your first 2 lots of brochures are supplied free of charge by your recruiter (sales leader). It does not require you to invest very much time at all (which is why I started it) and you can sell either door-to-door, to family & friends, do Avon parties, pretty much any way you like really. I think its a great opportunity for anyone and what's more you don't have anything to lose by giving it a go!! I run an incredibly successful business as a team leader and avon rep and am absolutely in love with the job!! I have 4 children and find it fits perfectly around my busy life.

Commele Wed 02-Jul-14 12:45:19

Buadaeng123 Tue 01-Jul-14 13:57:51

lisag123 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:11:32

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:35

Hi I'm a avondles leader iv got job available in ur Area u and friends also ur local houses great good if ur in treasted please contact me for more information

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:21

jojo68 Wed 04-Sep-13 22:25:35

Hi Jade,

There are lots of direct selling companies out there so it's best to choose one with products that you are interested in.
That's what I did when I joined Wikaniko. They have over 1000 eco friendly, natural products available for you to generate business with in anyway that you feel comfortable. Parties, stalls, dropping catalogues or totally online.
Wikaniko also scored 9/10 for the best 'work from home opportunity' the highest ever score given.

There are no targets or sales to achieve just do what you want to put in and I have found the company to very supportive and non-competitive.

At the moment Wikaniko have deferred the £79 start up fee for 6 months so you can try it out to see if it's for you.
Wikaniko fits in brilliantly with my family life and commitments and it is also something I am proud to sell.

Give me a shout you would like any more info.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now