Anyone here an Avon Rep - what's it like, is it worth doing?

(97 Posts)
KirstyJC Thu 04-Jun-09 14:22:17

Afternoon! I was trying to think of some ways to earn a few extra pennies and am wondering about becoming an Avon Rep - we don't get any catalogues around here so maybe it would be worth a shot.

I just wondered if anyone else here has done this and what it is like? Do you need lots of storage space for items/catalogues? I assume you get a certain amount of catalogues which you deliver, then collect later and deliver to other homes etc, otherwise you would need thousands of them?!?

Also, I am on Mat Leave at the mo' but if I did this I think it would be good to continue once back at work full time, although maybe on a smaller scale. But, would that be possible if there is no-one here to receive deliveries of catalogues/items? I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting a bit too carried away and should just stop spending money instead of trying to earn more...!

CautionaryWhale Tue 09-Apr-13 22:58:22

Fair enough for ressurecting in Feb but as this is a zombie thread going back to 2010, given the triple dip recession some of the info and enthusiasm may be out of date wink it was still an interesting read but then realising some of the posts are three years old - should be taken into account by people keen to do it now.

JanieHelenR Sun 21-Apr-13 22:35:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

katebcooper Tue 23-Apr-13 17:58:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Iamme1 Sun 12-May-13 19:16:37

does this take less time? please detail me the how it works

Bernibroadley Fri 31-May-13 00:31:57

I don't know whether anyone will even read this as the original post is so old but i felt i had to comment because I can't believe the bunkum that is being posted on here!! I am an Avon Sales Leader and I am here to tell you that unless you are lazy beyond belief there is no way starting with Avon will cost you a single penny!!!!! It is an amazing company selling amazing products at amazing prices - and no I am not brainwashed - I have had my ups and downs over the last 3 years but I know I can say this hand on heart that it truly is the only MLM company that is up front & honest and does what it says on the tin. I am fairly obsessed with 'being fair' so am super happy with this business - works around my family a treat and am very happy indeed that I made the leap. Btw Avon do a 90 day no-quibble guarantee!!!!

stayathomemom Mon 03-Jun-13 01:09:36

2madboys Mon 03-Jun-13 08:21:11

Hi Stayathomemom - I have reported this post and also the pm you sent me and presumably others on this thread. Please get your facts straight before messaging people (I do not to Avon). Also looks like you joined this site with the sole intention of recruiting as you have not posted elsewhere. It is not very ethical to put down other companies in order to recruit.

2madboys - thank you! Saved me a job smile

But I am also quite annoyed at Berni - what a load of rubbish about Avon being the only company that is upfront and honest. Usborne celebrate 40 years this year - their terms and conditions are clear, not onerous, very small cost to start. I couldn't work for a company that didn't have decent values and plenty of the direct selling/working from home companies do have good values. You just have to find the product that suits you best. So please don't knock others in what is also IMO an attempt to recruit.

ecokimbo Mon 10-Jun-13 10:07:01

CambridgeChris I am doing Wikaniko and have been for four years. Will pm you

sgw480 Sun 21-Jul-13 01:38:57

sgw480 Wed 07-Aug-13 15:34:08

jade2k11 Tue 03-Sep-13 11:35:41

Hi, I no this post is old so this may not be read, but i was just wondering if there were any other companies like avon that can be done from home and around family? i tried avon and it didnt work out. Thank you to anyone that is able to respond

2madboys Tue 03-Sep-13 11:51:13

Hi Jade - sorry to hear Avon didn't work out for you. I do Phoenix Trading which is a similar network marketing business, but selling cards, giftwrap and stationery. I really enjoy it and it works for me around another part-time job, two kids, hobbies, etc. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

jojo68 Wed 04-Sep-13 22:25:35

Hi Jade,

There are lots of direct selling companies out there so it's best to choose one with products that you are interested in.
That's what I did when I joined Wikaniko. They have over 1000 eco friendly, natural products available for you to generate business with in anyway that you feel comfortable. Parties, stalls, dropping catalogues or totally online.
Wikaniko also scored 9/10 for the best 'work from home opportunity' the highest ever score given.

There are no targets or sales to achieve just do what you want to put in and I have found the company to very supportive and non-competitive.

At the moment Wikaniko have deferred the £79 start up fee for 6 months so you can try it out to see if it's for you.
Wikaniko fits in brilliantly with my family life and commitments and it is also something I am proud to sell.

Give me a shout you would like any more info.
Good luck!
Jo

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:35

Hi I'm a avondles leader iv got job available in ur Area u could.do.family and friends also ur local houses great good if ur in treasted please contact me for more information

lisag123 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:11:32

Buadaeng123 Tue 01-Jul-14 13:57:51

I love my job as Avon rep is fitin with me and my son and is so easy u earn extre cash every three week u can work less or more hr is all depen what bill u need to pay. I simply just do through my friend, family and online sale which work wonder. If u still interested please call me or text on 07868707176 my email is mimibuadaeng@gmail.com

Commele Wed 02-Jul-14 12:45:19

BernadetteAvon Fri 01-Aug-14 12:18:01

As you can tell from my name I'm a team leader with Avon. I just wanted to clarify a few false things that are on this thread. Firstly, there is no "up front" fee: £16 is taken from your account only when you place your first order and this is split between your first and second order. Your first 2 lots of brochures are supplied free of charge by your recruiter (sales leader). It does not require you to invest very much time at all (which is why I started it) and you can sell either door-to-door, to family & friends, do Avon parties, pretty much any way you like really. I think its a great opportunity for anyone and what's more you don't have anything to lose by giving it a go!! I run an incredibly successful business as a team leader and avon rep and am absolutely in love with the job!! I have 4 children and find it fits perfectly around my busy life.

Elissa1982 Fri 01-Aug-14 16:30:00

Hi Kirsty!

Just like organic mummi - I have been with forever living - another beauty and wellness company. The products are fantastic - all based on Aloe Vera (including make-up)and bee hive. The starter kit is 199 and just like Neal's Yard you get such incredible training to help set you up. Your income is based on commission and bonuses - it depends really how much effort you put into it. I had never thought about it before but it is really fun and work from home too!

There are so many genuine opportunities out there - if you want to do it - then I think you need to decide what you are interested in and just give it a go!

Hope this helps!

lynnjanet Sun 31-Aug-14 04:16:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now