Anyone here an Avon Rep - what's it like, is it worth doing?

(99 Posts)
KirstyJC Thu 04-Jun-09 14:22:17

Afternoon! I was trying to think of some ways to earn a few extra pennies and am wondering about becoming an Avon Rep - we don't get any catalogues around here so maybe it would be worth a shot.

I just wondered if anyone else here has done this and what it is like? Do you need lots of storage space for items/catalogues? I assume you get a certain amount of catalogues which you deliver, then collect later and deliver to other homes etc, otherwise you would need thousands of them?!?

Also, I am on Mat Leave at the mo' but if I did this I think it would be good to continue once back at work full time, although maybe on a smaller scale. But, would that be possible if there is no-one here to receive deliveries of catalogues/items? I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting a bit too carried away and should just stop spending money instead of trying to earn more...!

SammieG Mon 14-Jun-10 21:13:49

Hi, just to let you know that you can't work in any other job and receive Maternity pay from another job, at the same time. You are entitled to 10 keeping in touch days which you can receive extra for from your employer, i've added a link...hope it helps xx
http://www.forparentsbyparents.com/index.html?pn=834

Bigroundal Sat 19-Jun-10 12:01:41

Hi
Im also considering Avon or Jamie at home but want to know how difficult it is to have to do your own tax and insurance?
Also I thought if you did Avon you did you own street, but Its been recently suggested to me that you are just allocated a street or streets of about 100 houses.Is this true?
Thanks

gemlou83 Tue 13-Jul-10 16:03:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tigerlily3 Thu 12-Aug-10 17:00:05

Hi
I have just started Avon, dropped off 30 books and today went to collect them. I only got 7 books back and one order of £7. I feel a little deflated after this and wonder if it is worth it?
It looks like I am not going to make any money this time, and actually cost me money...anyone thats a rep, could you tell me if it will get better if I stick at it? or will this be the same every 3 weeks?

I want to make money not spend it.

Thank T.Lily3

WheresMyWaistGone Thu 12-Aug-10 21:49:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dottydots Fri 13-Aug-10 10:06:23

covkimbo Wed 18-Aug-10 13:19:25

Message deleted

Tillington Wed 15-Sep-10 17:49:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

KathrynP Sun 07-Nov-10 18:56:39

juniperdirect Sat 20-Nov-10 15:26:23

juniperdirect Sat 20-Nov-10 15:27:27

angelicauk Sat 11-Dec-10 00:47:46

Lauretta1 Tue 21-Dec-10 12:42:36

BecomeAvonRep Mon 11-Apr-11 20:56:10

flork1 Tue 12-Apr-11 09:44:01

Hi - seems like alot of people are doing avon! What skills/qualifications do you have?

2madboys Tue 12-Apr-11 22:07:01

Hi flork. I don't do Avon, but Phoenix Trading which is another direct selling business, selling cards, giftwrap and stationery. The skills I have that I use are admin skills (keeping on top of paperwork and finance stuff) and also just being enthusiastic about the product. I'm not really a 'salesperson', but I think doing this has made me more confident as I really want to do well so have made myself do things outside of my comfort zone! Hope this helps to answer your question.

samels001 Mon 18-Apr-11 22:05:23

Hi flork, I sell Usborne Books - the main skill I have for doing this is an absolute passion for the product I sell. The books are great quality and with over 2000+ books in the catalogue there really is a book to suit every child. I am actually a chartered accountant by training but needed the family-friendly flexible working that Usborne offers. I'm not a great sales or marketing person, but I do like meeting new people and having a really sociable job!

angelicauk Wed 20-Apr-11 12:49:17

HotchpotchHoney Wed 20-Apr-11 13:00:23

avon is a lot of hard work for not a lot of money. maybe i was just unlucky that the area i live in, either weren't interested at all or already had reps.
my first tow campaigns i only just managed to reach the £78 and that was mainly freidns and fmaily feelign a bit sorry for me. I was out every evening/morning delivering and collecting books.
For me it was just not worth it.

CarrieMUMofThree Wed 20-Apr-11 22:57:45

CarrieMUMofThree Wed 20-Apr-11 23:01:25

you dont need any qualifications .. confidence is a big help, determination, willpower, friendlyness. as to be expected i suppose..

korin1981 Sun 08-May-11 12:49:29

barbaraavon7oaks Mon 09-May-11 22:07:13

barbaraavon7oaks Mon 09-May-11 22:08:35

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now