Anyone here an Avon Rep - what's it like, is it worth doing?

(100 Posts)
KirstyJC Thu 04-Jun-09 14:22:17

Afternoon! I was trying to think of some ways to earn a few extra pennies and am wondering about becoming an Avon Rep - we don't get any catalogues around here so maybe it would be worth a shot.

I just wondered if anyone else here has done this and what it is like? Do you need lots of storage space for items/catalogues? I assume you get a certain amount of catalogues which you deliver, then collect later and deliver to other homes etc, otherwise you would need thousands of them?!?

Also, I am on Mat Leave at the mo' but if I did this I think it would be good to continue once back at work full time, although maybe on a smaller scale. But, would that be possible if there is no-one here to receive deliveries of catalogues/items? I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting a bit too carried away and should just stop spending money instead of trying to earn more...!

sweethome Mon 29-Jun-09 21:04:11

Hi Kirstyjc I am an Avon Rep and will start become sales leader since some of the people that I know interested to be Avon Rep as well.

You can contact me on my email if you want to know more details about how to run Avon. It doesn't cost you anything, what you have to do just meet as much people as you can and always bring your avon brochure with you all the time. You don't need to storage or money to start this business.

Anyway, where do you live?

yen_tri at yahoo . com

Avon rep packed in recently as she said she kept getting bills from Avon, for stock that they said she couldn't return if the customer changed their mind and the cost of the brochures etc was more than she made, but I have never done it before so don't know if this is the case, although the last one packed in and said the same thing.

I have a friend however who's sister has done Avon for quite a while and she doesn't seem to have any problems, maybe it depends if you have a good area or not, I have seen some reps doing sales at school fete's as well which could be a good opportunity. I think with things like this you get out what you put into it but I would definately check out the return stock policy and cost of brochures before commiting.

Good Luck

TracyGriffin Thu 09-Jul-09 15:51:24

Hi, I have just started work for Jamie Oliver's brand new company, Jamie at Home. It is a party plan business so I am fitting it in around my 2 year old as I am a full time Mum and my husband and his job. I have been doing it 3 months, love it and am earning suprisingly good money. It is in the same vein as avon in as much as you choose your hours and I cant speak highly enough of the company !!! Give me a call or drop me a line if you want to chat about it - tracygriffin@mac.com 07956 357817. If not, hope you find something that works for you and good luck !!

kando Thu 09-Jul-09 15:57:53

Sorry sweethome, but it's not free and it does cost you!! I know it's not much, but all the same ...

I'm an Avon rep. You have to pay an administration fee (I think it's about £50 but you pay half from your first order and the rest from your second). You have to pay for your brochures too - 50 brochures costs just over £8. To earn any money, you need to have orders over £78 for the lower discount (about 20%) and £148 to get a discount of 25%. I've been doing for a year and really like it, but it took a while to build up the customer base. But if no-one else does Avon in your area, you'll no doubt get a great reaction - I did after the last Avon rep gave up for my territory and it's just been getting better for me. I cover quite a large area, I'd say I used to deliver to around 150 houses, but I've cut it down now as I've come to know the ones who don't return the brochures or who tell me they are not interested.

Sorry, I have to go now but I can come back later to see if you want any more info! HTH

kando Thu 09-Jul-09 16:00:04

Not had any problem with returning stock - sometimes they can be a bit slow to credit your account and sometimes they say the haven't received your returns, but as long as you follow the instructions for returns then you'll be fine. I always return my unwanted products via the carrier when he delivers my orders, rather than sending in the post. Your friend must have been unlucky atwork sad

kando yeah I think she was sad she said the carrier was a pita, which didn't help, but then again I know others that seem to do ok, it's like all selling you get out what you put into it, if you don't have enough time or umph then you will be pretty hard pushed at any kind of job like Avon, betterware etc.

sweethome Sat 18-Jul-09 22:29:41

kando - the fee not £50 but £15 and you don't have to pay it straight away. I pay the adm from my profit that's way I said it didn't cost me anything wink

livvylouis Tue 21-Jul-09 12:12:21

I have not long started as an Avon rep and I love it! I am now on my second campaign and I am making money not loads but enough to make it worth while. The admin fee is only £15 and you pay this in two instalments from your earnings plus you dont pay for the books for the first two campaigns so I was able to make a good profit. The main reson I like Avon is that you get out of it what you put in if you dont feel you have much time one week because of family commitments etc you can take the week off with no worries, I say give it a go and good luck.

johnnyo Sat 28-Nov-09 13:48:29

Hi, if you are looking to earn extra income then i highly recommend www.avon-biz.co.uk they have postions for "Avon Reps", "Avon Representatives" and "Avon Sales Leaders". Please contact Wayne or Nadine via the website above.

covkimbo Fri 01-Jan-10 18:16:29

If you want something a little more ecofriendly and a company that pays cooperatively (no one gets paid a fat salary and we are all paid as distributors) why not have a look at my site?
www.goodgreenearth.co.uk

WheresMyWaistGone Wed 06-Jan-10 22:33:58

Hello

Just to add another idea to the pot - what about Usborne Books?

I have been doing it for a year and love it, and more to the point my little one loves the free books!

Max £38 to join (often much less) and you get £100+ of stock and stationery in the starter pack, no targets to meet, grow your business as much or as little as you like.

Haven't updated my site with the January info yet, but please do have a look www.little-bookworms.co.uk

Rrobbbb Fri 22-Jan-10 21:46:40

Hiya

There are a selection of opportunities to suit everyone at www.sparetimetocash.com

If anyone here wants anymore info on a variety of opportunities then please apply in the relevant section.

If there is anyone who would like to advertise their opportunity then please e mails businessgeneration@sparetimetocash.com

TanB Sat 23-Jan-10 15:02:47

Hi , Im not an Avon rep but I too needed some extra cash and looked into various business opps including Avon whilst on Mat leave - I joined a network marketing Company/A British PLC and am now back at work four days a week - So glad I didnt join Avon as I dont have huge amounts of free time and need to do things at my own pace. Let me know if you are interested in any more info!

NK58ec1dc8X12747e17b93 Wed 10-Mar-10 12:08:59

The Avon Opportunity

Would you like to earn some extra money?

If the answer is 'Yes' then there is no time like the present to take up an exciting and worthwhile business opportunity!

Your earnings are UNLIMITED and anybody over 18 years of age has an opportunity to start earning today.

You can choose your own hours and look forward to being part of a team who will be there to support you all the way.

Please have a read through this information and see what is waiting for you with Avon.

Avon are a cosmetics, perfume and toy seller with markets in over 135 countries across the world. Traditionally a direct-selling company. The company is headed up by Andrea Jung, the company's chairman and CEO. Avon uses representatives to distribute catalogues to sell their products.

Some of Avon's product lines include Avon Colour, Anew and Solutions, Skin-So-Soft and Naturals, as well as various perfumes and jewellery.

Although the company has always been more directed towards female customers, Avon's line of male products continues to expand, and their children's products (such as shampoos and toys) have also proved to be a good source of revenue.

Avon Sales Representative

As a Representative you will have the opportunity to sell from eighteen Avon brochures a year as well as other sales brochures.

You will be one of approximately 160,000 Avon Representatives in the United Kingdom selling high quality products backed by a no-quibble guarantee which lasts for 90 days.

Your earnings will depend on how much you sell.

You can choose your own hours to work and benefit from support and guidance from your Sales Leader or Area Sales Manager.

By selling certain Avon products you will be able to support the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.

There are many benefit of selling Avon. You can earn up to 25% from your sales.

Avon President's Club

Top achieving Avon Representatives can qualify to become a member of the President's Club. There are a number of benefits linked to this level of achievement, including Gala Dinner and various discounts.

Avon Sales Leader

Are you already successful but have a wish that you could develop your own business?

Are you looking for a new opportunity that may later become your own full time or part time career?

Do you wish you could enjoy flexible hours to allow you that extra time off in the summer holidays or during a special sporting event?

As a Sales Leader you start by building your own team of representatives and you will earn from your team's sales. Your earnings will increase when you appoint Representatives and other Sales Leaders.

There is a �£25 investment fee to become a Sales Leader.

There are four levels of Sales Leadership, they are, Sales Leader, Advanced Sales Leader, Executive Sales Leader and Senior Executive Sales Leader.

It is a multi-level marketing opportunity not to be missed.

About the Author

The above information is taken from my Passionate About Avon website. If you would like to give the Avon Opportunity a try, please Apply For Avon Here.

AvonAngel Mon 15-Mar-10 21:43:16

I have been an Avon rep for a little while and I really enjoy it. I have found that being an avon representative is worth while but I did have some great advice from my sales leader which makes a huge difference. I am now also a Sales leader and I enjoy helping others to get the most out of their venture. It also fits in well with my 3 young children and no childcare costs! Selling Avon successfully does take effort and determination but it certainly can be worth while. Take a look at my new website if you would like further information or if you are interested taking things further you can also apply. There you will find my email address and contact details. I am always happy to help in what ever way I can. Good luck in how ever your future takes you. www.avonangel.co.uk

AvonAngel Mon 15-Mar-10 21:57:19

Also just to clarify - The admin fee is £15 not £50. This is payable over your first 2 campaigns but your brochures are free for the fist 2 campaigns!

Cards Wed 24-Mar-10 15:24:01

Message deleted

organicmummi Thu 25-Mar-10 18:26:42

Hi Kirsty!

I have been with Neal's Yard Organic since January which is the home selling arm of Neal's Yard. You pay £95 and get a fantastic kit to get you started which is worth over £260. You also get lots of training to help you acheive whichever goals you set. You earn 25% commission on sales and get your own website. You can do parties, pass brochures around your family and friends, build a team etc. It is as much or as little as you like and people love the products! I have never done party plan before and just wanted to earn some extra money while I am a stay at home mum. I love it!

Kirsty- hope this helps, happy for you to contact me if you want to chat, I know its a big decision! x

jane357 Wed 31-Mar-10 20:54:55

Hi i'm a Jamie at home manager and I have had a ball since i started in March last year. (i have even met the man himself 3 times) seriously though I have made a good part time wage from doing 1 to 2 parties a week . The products are great as you would expect and the company offer great training and support. I would be happy to send anyone any details if they would like to find out more

splatthefly Thu 01-Apr-10 08:02:19

I found Avon doesn't earn that well. Betterware have also just restricted their areas as they have so many distributors.

I now work as an independent distributor for Telecome Plus. They are a discount club. There are no "areas" which I like. It fits in with the kids as I work the hours I want.

You can watch the companies video at www.joinandearn.com

splatthefly Thu 01-Apr-10 08:04:50

Sorry, got the web address wrong. When I checked, its actually at www.joinandearn.net.

If anyone wants any other feedback or have any questions answered on Avon, please let me know.

essexavon Fri 02-Apr-10 22:30:00

I've been an Avon Rep & Sales Leader for nearly 2 years & I love it. I take my children with me; my customers spoil them rotten & it's great excercise for us. I can buy all the latest products at a discount & set my own hours around my family. I'm currently recruiting new reps in the Essex area, so if you're interested please visit my website https://katiefurlong.myavon.co.uk/ & I'll happily answer any questions you have, & hopefully get you started earning some extra cash as an Avon Rep yourself smile.

kateconroy Tue 25-May-10 12:49:13

Hey Everyone,

Ive done Avon in the past but for the last 2 years Ive done Oriflame. It works in kinda the same way as Avon, but you can earn more with Oriflame, 30%! Plus you get lots of free products and items at a highly discounted price. I also believe the books are cheaper too

Oriflame dont advertise as they get by on word of mouth, and have been going strong for 40 years world wide by offering top quality products

They do returns, as long as its within 90 days, for a full fast refund.

You'll be suprised how many people say "Oh Ive not seen this for years" when you mention Oriflame and your customerlist will quickly build up.

Im looking for 5 new consulatants all over the UK so if anyone would like more info email or call/text on kateconroy@hotmail.co.uk or 07876571198

Butterpie Sun 13-Jun-10 12:51:02

I've just started Usborne less than a month ago (with a week of holiday in that time as well) and I have already made £75 clear profit, as well as getting £250 worth of free kids books and I have no obligation to carry on if I don't want to, I would get to keep the books for my own children (with the ones where you get the kit for free you usually are only leasing it and have to pay a weekly fee and give it back if you stop). I have enough parties booked to make around £250 profit over the next four weeks and I am on track to get my joining fee refunded, another £65 of free books and to reach Team Leader status by the end of August, at which point I will get a £200 bonus and better commission rates and so on.

They ask for £38 to start off, but you get over £100 worth of free books and stationery for that-I orginally joined because I wanted to get quite a few books in for my own kids and I had my eye on the discount! I planned to just join, order the books I needed and then just put in the odd order for friends, but as soon as I told people I was doing Usborne, they wanted parties and to order!

I have a 3yo and a 7mo (who is very clingy and comes to every event I run-the three year old comes to some) and I don't drive-i just put my kit under the pram as people can order from the full catalogue of books right up to teenage, so the kit is just as examples really.

The commission payments for the higher-ups have just gone through, they are all making really good livings out of it and are really happy, as you get further up it is more about looking after your team than actually doing events, although they do seem to each do two a week or so. Obviously you have to do it for a while and you get out what you put in, but I asked this afternoon what the Group and Divison Leaders make a month (the next two grades above team leader) and the first two replies were £3208 and £1705- and that is on top of the commission they will have earned on thier own sales! It has certainly made me focus, and, barring anything odd happening, I expect to be promoted for the first time by the end of August.

With team based things like this, it really is vital what team you end up in, if you get one that isn't very enthusiastic they won't help you as much

If you want to know more, email me on AliciaJDuffy at gmail dot com

SammieG Mon 14-Jun-10 21:13:49

Hi, just to let you know that you can't work in any other job and receive Maternity pay from another job, at the same time. You are entitled to 10 keeping in touch days which you can receive extra for from your employer, i've added a link...hope it helps xx
http://www.forparentsbyparents.com/index.html?pn=834

Bigroundal Sat 19-Jun-10 12:01:41

Hi
Im also considering Avon or Jamie at home but want to know how difficult it is to have to do your own tax and insurance?
Also I thought if you did Avon you did you own street, but Its been recently suggested to me that you are just allocated a street or streets of about 100 houses.Is this true?
Thanks

gemlou83 Tue 13-Jul-10 16:03:22

You will be selling high quality, great value products backed by a no quibble guarantee. The amount of money you can earn as a Representative really does depend on you, the more customers you serve the more you earn. YOU CAN EARN UP TO 25% cash commission selling products to family, friends or simply showing brochures at your place of work. Territory is available for people who have more time and would like to earn more money You are backed by your sales leader who is there to help and advise you how to increase your earnings. 18 campaigns a year that's 18 pay days. Avon advertise their products on TV so you benefit from national advertising message me for more detials i love doing avon and have been doin sales leader now for over 3 months and love it so much fits in with my family and doesnt take up to much of my time and all the cheap products for me. gemavon@sky.com

tigerlily3 Thu 12-Aug-10 17:00:05

Hi
I have just started Avon, dropped off 30 books and today went to collect them. I only got 7 books back and one order of £7. I feel a little deflated after this and wonder if it is worth it?
It looks like I am not going to make any money this time, and actually cost me money...anyone thats a rep, could you tell me if it will get better if I stick at it? or will this be the same every 3 weeks?

I want to make money not spend it.

Thank T.Lily3

WheresMyWaistGone Thu 12-Aug-10 21:49:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dottydots Fri 13-Aug-10 10:06:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

covkimbo Wed 18-Aug-10 13:19:25

Message deleted

Tillington Wed 15-Sep-10 17:49:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

KathrynP Sun 07-Nov-10 18:56:39

juniperdirect Sat 20-Nov-10 15:26:23

juniperdirect Sat 20-Nov-10 15:27:27

angelicauk Sat 11-Dec-10 00:47:46

Lauretta1 Tue 21-Dec-10 12:42:36

BecomeAvonRep Mon 11-Apr-11 20:56:10

flork1 Tue 12-Apr-11 09:44:01

Hi - seems like alot of people are doing avon! What skills/qualifications do you have?

2madboys Tue 12-Apr-11 22:07:01

Hi flork. I don't do Avon, but Phoenix Trading which is another direct selling business, selling cards, giftwrap and stationery. The skills I have that I use are admin skills (keeping on top of paperwork and finance stuff) and also just being enthusiastic about the product. I'm not really a 'salesperson', but I think doing this has made me more confident as I really want to do well so have made myself do things outside of my comfort zone! Hope this helps to answer your question.

samels001 Mon 18-Apr-11 22:05:23

Hi flork, I sell Usborne Books - the main skill I have for doing this is an absolute passion for the product I sell. The books are great quality and with over 2000+ books in the catalogue there really is a book to suit every child. I am actually a chartered accountant by training but needed the family-friendly flexible working that Usborne offers. I'm not a great sales or marketing person, but I do like meeting new people and having a really sociable job!

angelicauk Wed 20-Apr-11 12:49:17

HotchpotchHoney Wed 20-Apr-11 13:00:23

avon is a lot of hard work for not a lot of money. maybe i was just unlucky that the area i live in, either weren't interested at all or already had reps.
my first tow campaigns i only just managed to reach the £78 and that was mainly freidns and fmaily feelign a bit sorry for me. I was out every evening/morning delivering and collecting books.
For me it was just not worth it.

CarrieMUMofThree Wed 20-Apr-11 22:57:45

CarrieMUMofThree Wed 20-Apr-11 23:01:25

you dont need any qualifications .. confidence is a big help, determination, willpower, friendlyness. as to be expected i suppose..

korin1981 Sun 08-May-11 12:49:29

barbaraavon7oaks Mon 09-May-11 22:07:13

barbaraavon7oaks Mon 09-May-11 22:08:35

emmasreps Wed 11-May-11 16:40:08

TobyPoby Sun 29-May-11 17:05:53

CarolsAvon Tue 31-May-11 08:06:16

goinggreennotgrey Tue 31-May-11 12:55:35

covkimbo Tue 31-May-11 13:33:30

Message deleted

goinggreennotgrey Tue 31-May-11 20:26:01

covkimbo~3 years, wow! I've not long started. But have really enjoyed it so far. It helps that I am using the products myself and can rave about them. Especially the Aloe Vera skincare range and suncreams. Haven't used better and such good value. Was sucked into buying Arbonne not so long ago, and Wikaniko skincare creams are just as good at a fraction of the cost!

I've just become an avon rep today! I done it for a campaign about 2 and a half years ago and gave up, my sister done it for a year but recently stopped due to going college and starting up her own beauty therapy business. My admin fee was £15 which they will take 7.50 off first and second orders. Im looking forward to it, mainly to get me out the house and to put on my CV! The good thing about it is you can make it as big a business as you like, offer free gifts, give out samples, do demonstrations, partys etc.

flork1 Wed 01-Jun-11 23:35:49

There seems to be some unashamed self-advertising going on here!!
if anyone is really interested in any of this ask yourself - how much am i really earning after buying other people's product, petrol, time etc etc etc etc etc factor it all in and then take a step back and ask yourself is it worth it? i've asked this before and never got a straight answer - how much per week can you get out of usborne, avon, phoenix, greenerlife, wikaniko etc etc. somene is exploiting someone and the game seems to be getting more desperate ...

To be honest flork I'm not doing for the money I've been a SAHM for 4 years and been suffering depression,so its about feeling a sense of self worth. I've applied for endless jobs and had no reply because I've never worked (had first child when at school) I'm doing avon to get myself out of the house, exercise, meet people, gain experience, it will look good on my CV being selfemployed. The money may not be great it depends how many customers you build up.

flork1 Fri 03-Jun-11 00:52:28

I think maybe the problem with these forums is that anyone can say anything.

and there is something to be said for the salesperson who will sell his (or her)own grandmother if he (or she) could

bacon Fri 03-Jun-11 13:34:54

Come on then tell me your clear profit after 6m and 12 months? how many hours di you do per week?

I agree with flork1 there is a lot of people have no idea how much fuel they are putting in their car, wear and tear etc, converting their income into an hourly rate.

I am laughing at some of the comments on here - it changed my life, products are amazing, just cant believe how amazing they are. See lots of comments have been deleted too - just all sales pitching.

Please be careful before throwing money into any venture. All gloss - need to here of the pitfalls - any genuine seller will tell you the advantages and disadvantages of this type of selling. Havent seen anything on here about tax, NI & insurance especially if the business is doing so well!!!

I run a business, bloody tough! I'm def not one for these parties - actually I cant think of any friends who buy these kind of things either - whats the point of Avon products anyway??? cosmetics are everywhere on the high street so why bother? The last party I went to was an Aloe Vera - I was cringing at the sales pitch and the amazing health benefits - to a point of curing every digestive problem under the sun - expect the medical profession would be very interested in some of these claims!

goinggreennotgrey Tue 07-Jun-11 13:18:23

Bacon~fair enough, it isn't for anyone. However, I am also an accountant and you get tax benefits for home-working. Plus I deduct anything I use for my home business before profit. So computer, car, mobile phone etc. I can actually get tax back.

But as I said, each to their own.

covkimbo Wed 08-Jun-11 10:16:56

Message deleted

SalesRep Wed 08-Jun-11 20:53:19

barbaraavon7oaks Fri 17-Jun-11 13:47:43

Just looked at your web site can't even see who you are !!!

LouisefromAvon Tue 26-Jul-11 12:17:30

AvonChris Wed 27-Jul-11 18:40:36

Have only just joined this site so am still finding my way around but in reply to Bacon:

* All Avon reps are self-employed and responsible for their own tax, NI, etc.
* There's no 'throwing away money' to be an Avon rep, it's the cheapest and simplest way to start your own business - not a penny is paid up front, no kit to buy (unlike other companies)
* Avon has been operating for 125 years in America and 51 years here in UK so a very well established business; products sell themselves - deffo NO sales experience necessary
* Goods are delivered to the door, FoC, and cheaper than High Street prices so a win-win situation (particularly useful for house-bound people)
* You set your own hours and fit it round your homelife (no-one can expect an 'hourly rate' for that - be realistic)
* All products come with a 90 day full money-back no-quibble guarantee - ever bought a hair brush from Boots and tried to take it back a month later and get your money back? LOL

And, yes, there are some success stories (also a lot of reps, who fall by the wayside because they expect it to be easy - newsflash - it's NOT!) - gather Avon now has its first millionaires - Debbie Davis and David Carter earned £1.2 million last year and Brian and Gail Reynolds were in the Dorset echo earlier this year when their Avon business was valued @ £5.5 million! It's taken both partnerships approx. 11 years but something to aim for - yes/no?

PS: Incidentally, the products are great - I LOVE my toning flips and @ £12 they're a bargain.

PPS: Sorry for the long post.

Lesley57 Tue 30-Aug-11 17:22:25

Loz27 Mon 12-Sep-11 02:26:32

ConnectwithPamela Wed 23-Nov-11 18:04:10

Beautyfm Wed 13-Jun-12 13:18:20

lnk06 Sun 08-Jul-12 16:36:42

cosmeticdiva Sat 06-Oct-12 23:33:49

CambridgeChris Tue 19-Feb-13 23:01:08

any one doing Wikaniko, if so what do you think,

Elda123 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:38:16

CautionaryWhale Tue 09-Apr-13 22:58:22

Fair enough for ressurecting in Feb but as this is a zombie thread going back to 2010, given the triple dip recession some of the info and enthusiasm may be out of date wink it was still an interesting read but then realising some of the posts are three years old - should be taken into account by people keen to do it now.

JanieHelenR Sun 21-Apr-13 22:35:51

katebcooper Tue 23-Apr-13 17:58:25

Iamme1 Sun 12-May-13 19:16:37

does this take less time? please detail me the how it works

Bernibroadley Fri 31-May-13 00:31:57

I don't know whether anyone will even read this as the original post is so old but i felt i had to comment because I can't believe the bunkum that is being posted on here!! I am an Avon Sales Leader and I am here to tell you that unless you are lazy beyond belief there is no way starting with Avon will cost you a single penny!!!!! It is an amazing company selling amazing products at amazing prices - and no I am not brainwashed - I have had my ups and downs over the last 3 years but I know I can say this hand on heart that it truly is the only MLM company that is up front & honest and does what it says on the tin. I am fairly obsessed with 'being fair' so am super happy with this business - works around my family a treat and am very happy indeed that I made the leap. Btw Avon do a 90 day no-quibble guarantee!!!!

stayathomemom Mon 03-Jun-13 01:09:36

2madboys Mon 03-Jun-13 08:21:11

Hi Stayathomemom - I have reported this post and also the pm you sent me and presumably others on this thread. Please get your facts straight before messaging people (I do not to Avon). Also looks like you joined this site with the sole intention of recruiting as you have not posted elsewhere. It is not very ethical to put down other companies in order to recruit.

2madboys - thank you! Saved me a job smile

But I am also quite annoyed at Berni - what a load of rubbish about Avon being the only company that is upfront and honest. Usborne celebrate 40 years this year - their terms and conditions are clear, not onerous, very small cost to start. I couldn't work for a company that didn't have decent values and plenty of the direct selling/working from home companies do have good values. You just have to find the product that suits you best. So please don't knock others in what is also IMO an attempt to recruit.

ecokimbo Mon 10-Jun-13 10:07:01

CambridgeChris I am doing Wikaniko and have been for four years. Will pm you

sgw480 Sun 21-Jul-13 01:38:57

sgw480 Wed 07-Aug-13 15:34:08

jade2k11 Tue 03-Sep-13 11:35:41

Hi, I no this post is old so this may not be read, but i was just wondering if there were any other companies like avon that can be done from home and around family? i tried avon and it didnt work out. Thank you to anyone that is able to respond

2madboys Tue 03-Sep-13 11:51:13

Hi Jade - sorry to hear Avon didn't work out for you. I do Phoenix Trading which is a similar network marketing business, but selling cards, giftwrap and stationery. I really enjoy it and it works for me around another part-time job, two kids, hobbies, etc. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

jojo68 Wed 04-Sep-13 22:25:35

Hi Jade,

There are lots of direct selling companies out there so it's best to choose one with products that you are interested in.
That's what I did when I joined Wikaniko. They have over 1000 eco friendly, natural products available for you to generate business with in anyway that you feel comfortable. Parties, stalls, dropping catalogues or totally online.
Wikaniko also scored 9/10 for the best 'work from home opportunity' the highest ever score given.

There are no targets or sales to achieve just do what you want to put in and I have found the company to very supportive and non-competitive.

At the moment Wikaniko have deferred the £79 start up fee for 6 months so you can try it out to see if it's for you.
Wikaniko fits in brilliantly with my family life and commitments and it is also something I am proud to sell.

Give me a shout you would like any more info.
Good luck!
Jo

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

amylilly12 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:25:35

Hi I'm a avondles leader iv got job available in ur Area u could.do.family and friends also ur local houses great good if ur in treasted please contact me for more information

lisag123 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:11:32

Buadaeng123 Tue 01-Jul-14 13:57:51

I love my job as Avon rep is fitin with me and my son and is so easy u earn extre cash every three week u can work less or more hr is all depen what bill u need to pay. I simply just do through my friend, family and online sale which work wonder. If u still interested please call me or text on 07868707176 my email is mimibuadaeng@gmail.com

Commele Wed 02-Jul-14 12:45:19

BernadetteAvon Fri 01-Aug-14 12:18:01

As you can tell from my name I'm a team leader with Avon. I just wanted to clarify a few false things that are on this thread. Firstly, there is no "up front" fee: £16 is taken from your account only when you place your first order and this is split between your first and second order. Your first 2 lots of brochures are supplied free of charge by your recruiter (sales leader). It does not require you to invest very much time at all (which is why I started it) and you can sell either door-to-door, to family & friends, do Avon parties, pretty much any way you like really. I think its a great opportunity for anyone and what's more you don't have anything to lose by giving it a go!! I run an incredibly successful business as a team leader and avon rep and am absolutely in love with the job!! I have 4 children and find it fits perfectly around my busy life.

Elissa1982 Fri 01-Aug-14 16:30:00

Hi Kirsty!

Just like organic mummi - I have been with forever living - another beauty and wellness company. The products are fantastic - all based on Aloe Vera (including make-up)and bee hive. The starter kit is 199 and just like Neal's Yard you get such incredible training to help set you up. Your income is based on commission and bonuses - it depends really how much effort you put into it. I had never thought about it before but it is really fun and work from home too!

There are so many genuine opportunities out there - if you want to do it - then I think you need to decide what you are interested in and just give it a go!

Hope this helps!

lynnjanet Sun 31-Aug-14 04:16:05

kaydellAVON Wed 08-Oct-14 22:16:42

Hi all mummies out there,
If your looking to earn extra money over Christmas or permanently then why not come and join my avon sales team!!!! smile

Babyknits Mon 13-Oct-14 18:24:18

Hi everyone. Looking for people to join my Avon team. Earn cash every three weeks. Approximately two hours work a week can earn you £50. Full training by myself. If interested please contact me on 07833965520. Thanks.

kaydellAVON ... something tells me you haven't QUITE got your pitch right for this crowd... Try nethuns?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now