Does anyone do freelance transcription?

(94 Posts)
lucysnowe Thu 04-Dec-08 13:06:47

Hi all

Thought this might be an easy-ish way to get some extra cash. Is is quite sought after? Do you need any qualifications etc?

Thanks!

PostBack Mon 15-Sep-14 21:31:06

Hi, I run my own freelance minutes taking/audio typing services, have over 20 years experience with all the necessary equipment such as Express Scribe software, foot pedal, headphones, the works! Can get you sorted in no time. Contact me if you would like assistance

Jonags Mon 15-Sep-14 12:45:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jonags Mon 15-Sep-14 12:12:24

kristalina Tue 26-Aug-14 13:26:40

Hi, I'm new to this website. I've got 10 years experience as a home-based medical transcriptionist/editor and just moved into general transcription. I have an accurate typing speed of 85+ wpm, excellent grammar and proof reading skills. I'm based in the US but originally from the UK and looking for freelance work. Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

kristalina Mon 25-Aug-14 16:24:12

kristalina Mon 25-Aug-14 16:21:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kristalina Mon 25-Aug-14 16:02:34

kristalina Mon 25-Aug-14 15:57:03

acampell8 Mon 14-Jul-14 06:14:06

I am in search of an experience transcriber with administration support skills available immediately to work with us.This advert is intended for skilled individual with at least 1-3 years experience & able to deliver work in timely fashion.These job is flexible and a duration of one year. Individual with Transcription knowledge on Audio files to text would be preferred.This position can be Telecommute.

budget range: $70/hr- $190/hr
Estimated start date: Immediately

Contact info: MOORE CORBY

acampell87@gmail.com

cedriscript856 Fri 04-Jul-14 06:33:18

Transcriptioncity Mon 21-Apr-14 00:30:01

FocusDP Sun 20-Apr-14 14:07:23

blueshades Sat 12-Apr-14 01:11:16

Hi, I have been transcribing TV programmes and conferences/symposiums for the past 3-4 years. Appreciate it if you could count me in if you have any available jobs at the moment.

I'm pretty meticulous and double check my work just to make sure I get everything in unless I really can't figure out the audio.

Grateful if you could also let me know your rates so I know what I'm looking at.

Cheers

Blue

TranscriptDivas Sun 06-Apr-14 08:18:24

Morning all, We are currently looking for transcribers. IF you would like to join in click the jobs tab here: transcriptdivas.co.uk/.

If you are new/thinking about it here is some advice we have given out before: transcriptdivas.ca/4-steps-to-finding-a-transcription-job/

Regards
Andy

manju80 Wed 26-Mar-14 15:06:48

Hi all,

I have completed Medical transcription online course and want to work as a volunteer transcriber. I would like if I get some work in urology branch as I have already worked as a volunteer in urology for one of my friend.

My typing speed is 50 wpm. I am familiar with medial terminologies. I am a quick learner and hard worker. I have a kid so want to work from home.

I will be really very grateful if I find a mentor through mumsnet.

Please let me know if anyone needs volunteer transcriber in medical transcription. My e-mail is manjushreeingle@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Manju

Hi LucySnowe, the online work sites like guru.co.uk, elance.com, odesk.com allow you to list your skills for people to hire. I'm sure you'll know this, but it's best to start with a slightly lower asking rate just to build up your reputation, and you should then be able to earn what you deserve smile. Best of luck!

fionathepink Mon 03-Feb-14 09:45:33

Hey

I do transcription work from home. It is a lot harder than it sounds, you need to be accurate and be clear on what the client wants. I work with journalists and film-makers so is not the best paid work when you count up the hours but it does fit around childcare. Logging for TV is a bit easier but also needs to be fast and accurate. Stick out some messages to friends and relatives, you will be amazed at how many people do not want to transcribe their work themselves.

Again, if any firms are looking for an extra freelancer, then I have a quiet season at the moment.

Transcrip76 Sun 02-Feb-14 21:13:42

I've been doing freelance transcription work for years and have recently acquired more clients, if anyone is interested in work please mail me at info@directtranscription.co.uk

nanou240 Sun 12-Jan-14 23:45:52

Hi everybody i'm new in this site i'm looking for transcription job in english langague and french language. if you can help me please and send me available suggests . My mail adress : emnanannou@hotmail.com

miceeanx Thu 12-Sep-13 03:28:00

Hi,

Good Day to all!

I'm new to this site and I was looking for a part time transcription job that would fit my skills and interest. I can do General as I have been employed 3 years ago with a freelance experience, Legal as a freelancer at present and Medical by profession and a transcriber at any field. I'm reliable and flexible to changes esp. in schedules and tight deadlines of the files as per clients requirements. Feel free to contact me at mice.geo@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your help and suggestions and will be looking forward for future opportunities.

Thank you and kind regards,

Mice Franco

hamster24 Tue 13-Aug-13 18:41:42

I am looking to set up as a transcriber to fit in with family life. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest suitable equipment/software to enable me to get started. Also if anyone has any work available, I have a tiny amount of transcribing experience but lots of legal secretarial experience. My email address is jhunt24@btinternet.com. Thanks

lynnesupersec Mon 22-Jul-13 18:53:02

hi, I think I must be applying to the same company for transcription purposes. They want to know what my fee is per minute and also per 1000 words. Do you have any idea what the fee would be.
I would be so grateful if you can help with this, I am completely at a loss as to what to quote.
Lynne

SusanQalent Tue 25-Jun-13 23:16:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CribePro Thu 20-Jun-13 16:45:28

Hi, am new here and i would appreciate your advice on how to get regular transcription jobs..my email is interiormasterss(at)gmail.com.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

SallyBrigham Wed 29-May-13 15:14:31

Hi,

I'm trying to get employment with a transcription agency and they want to know how much I would charge per minute of audio typing and per 1000 words of copy typing. I don't want to charge too much or too little - can anyone advise? I have been a PA for over 20 years - audio typing for all that time - so I have some experience.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now