Freelancers/ S-E - any advice?????

(4 Posts)
user1474926509 Mon 26-Sep-16 23:18:21

Ugh.... am self-employed and severely lacking motivation right now. I'm sick of the isolation, the chasing contracts, etc. Have recently had some lucrative deals fall through, where I was collaborating and negotiating high value deals, and am now back to working alone and just feel very lacklustre and unproductive. Totally lacking enthusiasm and vim. Am applying for a masters, however in the interim need a kick up the arse. Need a change of direction but right now need to push through this inertia. Any thoughts would be much appreciated?

Louisejones11 Tue 27-Sep-16 12:18:40

Loads of business coaches on FB could help or recommend blocks needing cleared! Look up
Gabrielle Bernstein for help and audio x

EssentialHummus Tue 27-Sep-16 12:26:29

I'm similar - wfh for myself and sometimes feel like a boat with no wind in my sails. The only thing that partly works for me is routine - so start work at the same time each day, with list of things to do that day/financial targets to hit, take self out for walk/errand at lunch, get a small treat like a coffee.

If nothing billable is available, I do (bleurgh) business development - blog, get myself onto a new platform, add something to my portfolio on PPH, try to pitch for something.

Twirlstwirlstwirls Tue 27-Sep-16 12:50:45

How's your week shaping up User...509?

May be a bit of a tangent so apologies if so - I'm just starting out as a S-E after almost 15 years in the Corporate world and the biggest challenge in making the leap is definitely trying to work out what 'accomplishing something' means. I'm setting up in quite a niche area and trying to think that all baby steps are progress, but it's difficult working out what a 'typical' day, week or month is going to look like...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now