Website designers - help!

(2 Posts)
kimann Thu 22-Sep-16 13:40:06

Hi all,

I am looking for a website designer to overhaul my husbands website - not sure how much to pay and Ive had quotes from £209 - £2000. So confused! Can anyone who does this for a living please help me? confused

Thanks!!

olderthanyouthink Sun 25-Sep-16 09:51:24

I'm a web developer, I work for an agency, but I want to start freelancing but need to get my bum in gear. blush

RE the wildly differing quotes: This happens, a lot, I think because there's a lot of variation in how the website can be made and how well. You need to look at the portfolios/experience of the designers/developers, how well they communicate & whats included in that price (hosting, support etc).

Examples in wild variances:
- I am paid £68 per day at my agency, I have had 4 weeks to build a few sites so that's £1360. Then you have to add the project managers and designers salaries. Btw these are big companies websites.
- When some work came up that couldnt be fit into my normal working hours I was offered £500 to do it over the weekend. shock It was about 1.5 days (9-5:30) work tops.
- Another example, someone asked me to make them a site for their small business, I said £500 based on the description given but when we iron things out it could easily go up or down by about £100.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now