Creative business that doesn't involve selling

(8 Posts)
Frenchboat Tue 05-Jul-16 23:41:55

I run a creative business selling my work online that does pretty well- but I am feeling unhappy & burnt out as although I love the creative side, I do not enjoy the retail side one bit- daily pressure to get orders out, the monotony if it and customers can be deeply unpleasant. I have worked hard to build it up but just wonder if its really for me my creative time is incredibly low.

I want to still do something creative but not involving selling to the public. My skills & passion are graphic design, illustration & interior design.

Any ideas of what I could do?Or anyone in the same boat? Thank you

VioletBam Wed 06-Jul-16 00:55:28

Could you teach? I'm also a creative and I think any time you're working for yourself you have to do a lot of selling.

Cagliostro Wed 06-Jul-16 01:17:43

I think teaching too. Run an evening class or something?

In particular, try and find out if there is a home educating community locally - they may well bite your hand off if you're happy to run a design class for home ed kids for example. smile

VioletBam Wed 06-Jul-16 01:47:09

Check out the local adult education services too OP. They sometimes have vacancies.

Frenchboat Wed 06-Jul-16 08:19:55

I'm not sure it's for me.
Sometimes I think how nice it would be to illustrate books for young children- but It could take a long time to Make any money out of that realistically...

MaybeDoctor Mon 25-Jul-16 19:15:19

Employ someone?

whydidhesaythat Mon 25-Jul-16 22:36:51

Agree

MugsLife Tue 26-Jul-16 13:55:49

Would a fulfilment company help? Pay them to store and send your products for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now