Self employed Etsy shop

(5 Posts)
LRobinson21 Wed 25-May-16 00:43:57

Hi everyone. I'm a stay at home mum with an 8 month old and the idea of going back to work is unthinkable as well as unpractical so I've decided to finally start my own business.
I would like to make baby toys, doll clothes, pincushions, scrapbook layouts/albums, burp cloths, etc but I'm not sure if there is a market for such items.
I've made some surveys using Survey Monkey and I was hoping that some of you lovely mums could help me out and complete one or more of them for my market research. Each one takes about 5-10 minutes and are multiple choice with a couple of comment sections.

Baby toys: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MLFSVZ8

Doll clothes: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MSTMNN8

Pincushions/scrapbooks: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MTV8736

Thank you in advance smile

Sultanashirls Wed 25-May-16 00:54:21

Good luck!

Sultanashirls Wed 25-May-16 01:00:04

What about doll bedding? My DD went through a phase of putting everyone to bed, wrapping them up. She still does sometimes when she plays.

Doll clothing seems massively overpriced & not much choice on the high street.

If you can knit, another fab item for small children is a snood. I paid an eye-watering £28 for one this winter!!! The previous year I bought one for £18 from etsy but I left it on the bus and now the seller has shut down. It'd have to be well made though.

Get ideas from Pinterest

LRobinson21 Wed 25-May-16 10:19:26

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it. I never thought about doll bedding before, it's something that wouldn't be too difficult to do.
Unfortunately I can't knit very well only sewing and paper crafts. I tried knitting a scarf when I was younger and it ended up a different width from the starting size with multiple holes, so probably not a very good idea for me smile

LRobinson21 Sat 28-May-16 16:29:07

Thank you to anyone that has taken any of the surveys, I really do appreciate it. The surveys are still available if you wanted to fill one out; probably wouldn't even take you a minute to complete.
Thank you again, you're all stars star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now