Photoshop/illustrator - brushing up skills

(6 Posts)
originalmavis Thu 24-Mar-16 08:10:43

When I worked as a graphic designer many years ago (steam powered Macs) I used the usual packages (quark etc).

I seriously out of practice now (can use InDesign and Publisher) and need to brush up on Photoshop and Illustrator.

I can't afford to buy these and fiddle arpund (need a new laptop so it may blow up if I tried!). Is there any online tutorials or classes I can do?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 24-Mar-16 21:31:27

Bumping for you as I'd like to know too!

Hay90T Tue 29-Mar-16 23:10:10

I've used sites like udemy and Creative Live for tutorials, they normally have discounts on them. and Creative live has a free tutorial each day so you can see what they are like.
I've only used them for Marketing not photoshop etc before though

H

PrimalLass Fri 01-Apr-16 19:23:25

You can get a month's free trial. The combine that with a Lynda.com free trial (the version that lets you work on files).

sportinguista Fri 01-Apr-16 21:19:12

Lynda is good, I pay a subscription as I do a lot of different stuff with online design as well. There are lots of online tutorials which are good and lots of good resources for designers online, I sign up for a lot which have hints, tips, keyboard cuts, social media sizes etc.

I also get a lot if blog sign ups which have great tips too. I've learnt mainly through experience and indeed fiddling about. If you have a reasonable knowledge of Indesign the tools in the other two will feel familiar.

If you are stuck with anything please feel free to PM me and I can usually help.

sportinguista Fri 01-Apr-16 21:22:00

Also Creative Cloud is a month by month sign up and you may find its quite affordable to get just the basics. I won't tell you how I get mine...walks off whistling and trying to look inconspicuous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now