Are there ANY legitimate 'work from home' opportunities?

(52 Posts)
Ticktacktock Thu 17-Mar-16 20:06:25

The ads always say, no initial layout, no qualifications required, hours to suit, be your own boss, etc etc.

Has anyone got one of these that is OK and genuine?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 17-Mar-16 22:23:31

Have a look on The Money Shed website. Lots of opportunities on there.

Ticktacktock Sat 19-Mar-16 10:40:11

Wow thanks for the pointer, it looks fab!

libbylit Tue 22-Mar-16 08:51:03

Open your own home bed & breakfast - honestly the best choice I have ever made!!

Ticktacktock Tue 22-Mar-16 15:12:01

Libby, I would have loved that but I am too old now to be bothered!

Did you buy especially or just let out rooms in your existing home?

Nicoliex Wed 30-Mar-16 13:33:33

Hey lovely

I have something that I believe could be what you're looking for.

Would it be ok if I told you about it?

x

AssembleTheMinions Wed 30-Mar-16 13:50:00

Nicoliex That sounds interesting. I'm sure we would all love to hear all about it.

bloodyteenagers Wed 30-Mar-16 13:53:49

Go one. Tell us more.
Op if you have a skill peopleperhour is also really good. Start low to begin with and as you are getting more positive feedback you can start charging more.

Occasionally on mn job section, they have work from home

glasg0wmum Thu 31-Mar-16 08:20:03

Agree with the Money Shed - fantastic website with lots of pointers.

There are so many things out there - web search evaluation, writing, mystery shopping, matched betting, surveys - you just need to spend a while reading up about all of them and deciding which are best for you. A mixture of different things will probably work best.

People Per Hour is good too, although it can take a while to get going and build a reputation. You might have to accept that you work for very low rates initially to establish yourself and get feedback from clients.

What there are very few of however is employed work at home jobs rather than self-employed.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 31-Mar-16 08:22:46

Brace yourself for all the direct sales crap coming your way. Also known as MLM (multi level marketing) or pyramid schemes.

Butteredparsnips Thu 31-Mar-16 08:26:01

Charity sector jobs (try third sector jobs) often have WFH jobs. Might be worth a look?

ivykaty44 Thu 31-Mar-16 11:33:55

I have seen customer service roles, paid roles by the hour, advertised. I haven't looked into very much but it would seem s lot of the work is tea time 5-9 and weekends. The pay is minimum pay

RudeElf Thu 31-Mar-16 11:37:04

Oooh i wonder what nicole could be offering? hmm

glasg0wmum Thu 31-Mar-16 17:42:51

Yes I have seen customer service roles too - check out sites like Booking.com as they recruit work from home customer service people BUT you need to be fluent in whatever foreign language they're short of at the moment.

A while ago I knew someone who worked for the NHS phoning people up to remind them about hospital appointments.

Worth pointing out though that although these are most definitely "work at home" jobs, the Booking.com one specifies that you must have a dedicated home office space and no children around while you're working.

redhat Thu 31-Mar-16 17:44:54

Nicoliex ignore the comments. Please do tell us about your opportunity.

Flumplet Thu 31-Mar-16 18:10:19

She's probably PM'd the OP Hun X

Ticktacktock Thu 31-Mar-16 20:43:53

No she hasn't contacted me, but I'd love to hear. Please post publicly so we can all see.

I thought this thread had died, but there are some more really good ideas.

shabbadooof Wed 06-Apr-16 13:03:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

teamyaahbaby Sat 23-Apr-16 22:48:21

dropshipping and white label, if you can create decent looking text and graphics then you can create prints and T shirts with zazzle and redbubble.

notagiraffe Sat 23-Apr-16 23:02:00

Nearly all my school gate friends work from home in legitimate jobs. They are:

- running art clubs (for children at weekends, adults during day time)
- running french conversation classes for adults, school french clubs (in local schools, so not strictly from home, but v part time, does prep and admin at home and always back in time for school pick up/drop off etc.)
- editing and copywriting
- legal copywriting
- technological/medical/pharmaceutical writing for trade magazines
- making craft things for a NOTHS company
- 11+ and GCSE tutoring
- teaching piano
- making jewellery/cushions/upcycling furniture and selling at craft fairs
- curtain maker

All of these people make several hundred a week, working part time.

SuzBAvon Tue 26-Apr-16 19:59:04

Avon, nuskin, Jamberry all ok these are good as you work your own hours flexible and rewarding as it your own business with the support of a big company ... Plus you get all the freebies, incentive trips and meet new people. I suffer from depression and these ventures have helped me stay positive and have happy life with family

GreenMarkerPen Tue 26-Apr-16 20:03:15

nuskin, Jamberry
ah, there we are. those as mlm's. not worth working for.

foragogo Tue 26-Apr-16 20:06:35

please don't be tempted by ludicrous MLS pyramid schemes like jamberry, forever living etc. Thee are planty of real jobs you can do from home. Lots of IT/technology jobs, accounting, book keeping etc.

WellErrr Tue 26-Apr-16 20:15:53

I'm looking to sell my work from home online business. It's totally legit and NOT MLM, but I'm finding it really hard as there is literally nowhere to advertise legitimate work from home businesses because they've all been taken over by Forever Scamming.

I want a small fee for it but after that the running costs are really small. PM me if you want to know what it is.

phillipa1980 Sun 01-May-16 19:20:52

I do matched betting and earn very god money from it. I used this website to learn how to do it tinyurl.com/ztox7ye

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now