Getting Paid

(3 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:09:08

I just wanted to check something as I've no clue. I have worked as a self employed beauty therapist for a number of years now.

In that time I've either rented a space or I've taken a percentage of the earnings. Now I'm currently working for a lady who has been paying me cheque. I get 60 per cent of what I make. She pays me at all different times it's not consistent and obviously I have to a) be able to take the cheque in (not easy when I'm collecting children from childcare & at work most of the day) & b) wait for the cheque to clear. I have always been paid by BACS previously. I have asked to be paid via BACS once a week( we had agreed on weekly payment). As it stands she owes me 3 weeks wages. She has changed her tune & said I will now be paid monthly by cheque as her accountant has advised it leaves a paper trail. My argument is surely BACS leaves a more reliable paper trail & from my point of view is easier to prove its my wage as it will show the business name rather than just a cheque number on my bank statements. Am I in the wrong??

IpreferToblerone Thu 18-Feb-16 16:34:19

You are completely correct and can probably assume it's due to help her cash flow. Refer her to your agreed terms/look for something else. Good luck.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:54:17

Thank you. I thought I was right. I'm actually pregnant and planned on starting my leave in June but I may just leave early and do a bit mobile until I'm due.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now