Starting a business; advice please!

(3 Posts)
dairyfreequeen Thu 03-Dec-15 20:05:22

I am thinking about starting a business offering messy play/arty classes to 6 month - 5 yo, my own background is in inclusive arts practices and I've mostly worked with adults and older children but since having my own baby I've realised there isn't a lot of this kind of thing in my area.

I'm just not really sure where to start, what kind of things I need to take into account and budget for, to the extent that I've set up a meeting with a messy play franchise but I'm now thinking that in the long run that might not work out as the most sensible option.

Has anyone here done either of these options? What did you do and what would you do differently? I think the biggest thing I'm lacking is confidence but I know to get that I just need to get started, but I'd like to do it with as much knowledge behind me as possible! TIA

TheHouseOnTheLane Fri 04-Dec-15 08:26:14

I don't think there'll be an awful lot of money to be made in that OP unless you broaden the age range a bit and open a cafe which does arts and crafts.

There's one near my house in Chester and it's good.

georgenewmann Thu 04-Feb-16 06:52:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now