Bookkeeping from home?!

(3 Posts)
beccy21 Fri 07-Feb-14 14:45:39

Hi all!

I am new on here and I know there are probably loads of discussions about this so I apologise!

I am an accountant currently on maternity leave, been doing it 7 years, AAT qualified. I really don't want to have to go back to work in August so am thinking of starting doing some book keeping from home.

Can anyone give me any advice on if they did this, how did it work out? How long did it take to get enough clients, how does it work around the baby/kids etc! How much did you charge an hour?

Thank you!

babacoon Fri 07-Feb-14 14:48:08

Beccy

I don't have much advice but watching this with interest as I want to do similar. Have you considered online tuitions? I'd love to do that as I enjoy teaching but not sure how to start.

LadyMud Fri 07-Feb-14 18:20:32

I don't have any direct experience of this, Beccy, but several friends have attempted similar. There seems to be more demand for bookkeepers who can go into the client's premises once a week/month, to enter transactions onto their software. That would give you more flexibility than a 9-5 job, although you'd still need childcare.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now