Help with facebook page

(13 Posts)
Lyn13 Tue 05-Nov-13 22:07:55

I wanted to start selling on facebook so set up a business page but not sure i have done it right, i wanted to advertise on a local selling page but i have no option to search for this page, and even when i linked it to my own FB Page that i wanted to keep seperate it posts under my own name instead of my business name to attract people to my page, help

Lyn13 Wed 06-Nov-13 09:57:53

Anyone?

Have a look at the top of the page when you are on your business page, just below the facebook banner there should be a line that says something like "you are currently posting as Lyn13 would you like to change?" click on that and you will be posting under your business name

Once you are posting under your business name it should be easier to link to other pages

The other thing you can do is click on the little flower in the top right hand corner of your business page and it will drop down a menu, you can then choose to use fb as your business name so even when you click off your page you do not revert back to your personal account

HTH

Lyn13 Wed 06-Nov-13 18:53:30

Yeah but the strange thing is i cant post on any buy and sell pages using my business name

m0nkeynuts Wed 06-Nov-13 20:22:15

CairoPrankster's advice is spot on - click the flowery icon at the very top right of Facebook and choose to use FB as your page instead of your personal profile.

Then, search for the page you want to post ON (in the search bar at the top).
You may need to 'like' it as your business page (if you haven't already).
Then you should be able to post on it and the post will show as being made by your page, instead of your personal profile.

PM me if it's not working for you and I'll send some screenshots to help!

Lyn13 Wed 06-Nov-13 22:05:11

so strange its still not working for me sad

Lyn13 Wed 06-Nov-13 22:06:58

there isnt even any option for me to like any pages, can i post my facebook page on here?

TheRealMrsSmith Wed 06-Nov-13 23:31:36

On some of the local buy and sell pages, you can only post if you join them. My local pages only accept requests from 'people' not business pages, so I post on them using my personal profile with links to my business page. Some of the other sellers on there set up a 'person' account/profile (which can accept friend requests etc) under their business name for the purpose of selling. Hope that makes sense! smile

That's right, some pages are groups that you request to join rather than like, my local town has one that is huge- its not a business page but a community page however very useful for my business to be part of. I am a personal member but I PST the occasional link to my business page with items of local interest so its not a direct as iyswim.

They don't like spam so you have to find and angle - shop local, being part of a local running club, hosting craft classes, that sort of thing

m2mmlistings Thu 07-Nov-13 23:51:13

If it is a facebook group rather than a page then you have to post as your personal profile rather than as your page....... you can tag your page in your post though so there is a link to your pg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now