Freelance ideas

(10 Posts)
newbiemum13 Fri 01-Nov-13 15:47:42

Hi I am trying to think of some freelance ideas. I want to reduce my hours at work (paediatric nurse and clinical researcher) after my maternity leave but as the main earner can't afford the pay cut. If I go back full time though I get into the working to pay nursery trap. So, I am trying to think of something I could do from home that could be legitimately charged at/or earn me approximately £35-£50 per hour for the limited extra hours I am working in the week. Anyone charge theses kind of fees? Any help would be very much appreciated.

chandlerbing Wed 13-Nov-13 21:38:07

Have you thought about doing something like selling Utility Warehouse products? I don't do it but I know a couple of people that do, and they both work hours to suit them and seem to earn decent money from it.

m0nkeynuts Thu 14-Nov-13 11:33:32

Have you seen this thread?

MildredHubblesCat Wed 20-Nov-13 12:15:12

What kind of clinical research experience do you have? There is quite a lot of freelance clinical research work about. It might not be so easy to find stuff that is entirely home based and flexible around your own hours though it is possible.

newbiemum13 Thu 21-Nov-13 00:35:41

I am on mat leave at the minute. I work as a research nurse coordinating and running paediatric drug trials.

MildredHubblesCat Thu 21-Nov-13 14:13:33

Are you on Linkedin? There are a lot of groups on there you can join for freelance clinical researchers and a lot of contracts get advertised that way. A lot of my work comes through agencies so you need to speak to some of them as well. If you want to PM me I can send you some contact details etc.

Treasures Thu 21-Nov-13 14:37:36

A Virtual Assistant / audio typist typing up medical transcripts?

shadesofgreen Tue 26-Nov-13 20:15:12

How many hours are you looking for?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 27-Nov-13 11:53:26
shadesofgreen Wed 27-Nov-13 17:48:51

When does your maternity leave end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now