Google analytics question

(10 Posts)
bluetortoise Wed 23-Oct-13 12:35:24

Hello there, I don't post here often and I am not very techy but I love to use Mumsnet for advice... A while back I asked advice on a new name for my website and got lots of really useful feedback. The site is up and running now and I have registered the new website at Google Analytics but even though I know people have visited the site it is still not showing the number of visitors. Does it usually take a while for the visits to start to show on the system? Many thanks

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 23-Oct-13 13:37:07

This might be a silly question...but have you posted the GA code (which generated by GA) on your site in the back-end/CMS? Or uploaded a GA widget if you are using wordpress etc? This is what connects your site to GA.

Think it can take upto 24 hours etc. But if it still isn't working then there is something wrong.

Somebody more technie than me should be able to help.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 23-Oct-13 13:38:03

Err mean techie!

bluetortoise Wed 23-Oct-13 13:55:35

I am using wordpress and the widget was installed yesterday, so that might be the reason why the data is still not updated... Thank you very much for your reply...

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 23-Oct-13 15:07:13

Ah. It might even be 48 hours. If it is still blank there is an issue.

Good luck with the new venture.

bluetortoise Wed 23-Oct-13 16:25:08

Thank you MrsMargo, months of hard work, so let's see what is going to happen next ;)

Anyone else with experience in Google Analytics in here?

Talkinpeace Wed 23-Oct-13 20:22:15

I have analytics linked to my hosting, have not played with the google ones

be ready to lose hours and hours looking at them - fascinating things!

m0nkeynuts Wed 23-Oct-13 22:30:25

If you PM me your web address I'll see if there are any obvious probs with the tracking code. Some Wordpress GA plugins can be a bit hit & miss with their implementation!

bluetortoise Thu 24-Oct-13 11:33:22

Thank you for your message Talkingpeace. I also have a feeling that I will spend a long time learning how to deal with this.

And I have just sent you a PM Monkeynuts, thanks you very much for asking.

bluetortoise Thu 24-Oct-13 13:54:08

I meant to say thank you and not thanks you, doh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now