Terms and conditions help

(3 Posts)
purplepingu Mon 21-Oct-13 22:17:01

If you're taking a deposit and don't intend on refunding in case of a cancellation, use the term booking fee in your T&C's. Legally a deposit has to be refunded even if it's claimed to be a non-refundable deposit.

NoAddedSuga Mon 21-Oct-13 22:13:57

I take deposit payments for every job i get in.

I do not refund, the deposit secures their booking. I dont refund as i start work on the product as soon as their deposit is paid.

But it is on my website that deposits are non refundable and its in black and white before they pay their deposit, as they pay their deposit through my website.

professorpoopsnagle Sat 21-Sep-13 14:14:48

I need some help thinking about what I am going to do and how this translates into wording. I am offering a training service where people will pay in advance via a cheque or BACS.

Their place on a course will be secured when they pay. I wasn't going to bother with a deposit as the amount will be under £100.

Do I need to offer a refund if they change their mind at all? (like selling regs?)

I'm happy to consider situations where my clients might have to change their course dates, but what would be a reasonable time limit? 1 week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now