tax deduction for home insurance

(5 Posts)
moogalicious Fri 13-Sep-13 14:19:54

As a childminder, can I claim expenses for my home insurance or is this covered under the percentage of household expenditure calculation.


moogalicious Sat 14-Sep-13 18:33:18


InMySpareTime Sun 15-Sep-13 08:03:31

Have you told your insurer you have a home-based business? Some insurers have exclusions for business use, you might find you're not covered.
How do your childminding activities have home insurance implications anyway. I presume any damage the mindees do is covered by your NCMA insurance, any damage you cause while minding is covered by your PLA.
Any external factors would have happened whether you were minding or not.

moogalicious Sun 15-Sep-13 09:01:53

Ah, I can claim 10% wear and tear so I guess that answers my question! My tax return is just over the threshold So I'm clutching At Straws Trying To Get It Down. Thanks for replying smile

InMySpareTime Sun 15-Sep-13 09:19:46

Have you claimed for:
Entry fees for attractions
Toddler group fees
Any clothes with a work logo on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now