Translation - what fees?

(2 Posts)
QTips Thu 12-Sep-13 18:47:44

I have been asked (as a one off, I reckon) to do some SEO/Adwords related translations as a freelancer. I have not done this type of work for years, not since early on in my career. It is from English to another European language.

I am not sure what I should charge!

Part of me wants to do it as a favour, but I dont want to set a precedent, or make her uncomfortable and not ask again. It is an old friend, and it is for her work (she is not self employed) so they would either ask me or find another professional translator.

SilverBellsandCockleShells Fri 13-Sep-13 13:20:59

If it's not something you feel will be a regular occurrence, I wouldn't get too tied up in what you need to charge. Pick an hourly rate you're happy with and go with that.

Rates for translation vary hugely, and there are some really low prices out there, but quality translation is not cheap.

I think there is rates information on www.proz.com if you're interested in finding what the going rates for your language pair are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now