Working in school holidays

(9 Posts)
2468Motorway Tue 15-Oct-13 22:24:14

Are you a teacher or ta? If so there would be lots of holiday clubs that would like to employ you. Google some of the big ones and see if they are recruiting. Tutoring children? Council playschemes. Holiday nanny (quite a few students do this).

danielletaylor0710 Tue 15-Oct-13 22:19:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Tanyaclark791 Mon 16-Sep-13 20:24:01

thanks all great ideas

PractialJoke Sun 15-Sep-13 08:02:45

One of the TA's at our school runs an out of school holiday club. Uses the school facilities (for a small cost), is known to the families and does a roaring trade. She employs other TA's and the chap who comes to do sports coaching and it suits them all and the families who use it for school holiday childcare.

Could you pet-sit while people are on holiday?

lljkk Sat 14-Sep-13 21:14:52

I know teachers that work at nurseries or holiday clubs / camps for extra money.

Tanyaclark791 Sat 14-Sep-13 18:32:58

I am quite creative. I really don't mind what I do. For years I have done other peoples ironing which I have just given up because during term time my school job is enough. I really want a job were people are employed during the holidays especially the summer break. However, I don't want to childmind. Ifeel like there should be obvious answers to this but I just can't think of one

lljkk Thu 12-Sep-13 20:43:17

what are you good at?

Tanyaclark791 Thu 12-Sep-13 16:53:19

I am lucky enough to work at a fantastic local school. However, my children are now 13 & 15 and I no longer need the long holidays. I can't bring myself to leave. I need some inspiration for a complementary job to increase my income. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now