Recovering google rankings drop - help

(11 Posts)
Episode Sun 29-Sep-13 18:18:46

And Google seems to be favouring sites which use PPC (which is unsuprising really). PPC now forms part of an SEO strategy angry.

Talkinpeace Wed 25-Sep-13 13:34:02

the spiders seem to check DHs website about once a week - even if you change some punctuation, give them something new to look at ...

sanam2010 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:07:38

Is he updating the page regularly? Google seems to prioritise new posts recently so this would have an effect. I'd highly recommend reading everything on the viperchill.com blog, especially about SEO.

Are you sorted OP? I'd be looking to do some blogging, using wordpress and installing YOAST - the plugin, to help you write in an SEO friendly way which will help you with being indexed on google. If you want pointers, let me know. Happy to help as have seen several people be affected. Have no commercial agenda with you, just want to see you get back on track!

Somethingfunny2 Sun 15-Sep-13 09:19:18

A friend is in a similar situation. His company sells £ks per month of products but visits to site have fallen drastically and after research discovered google now prioritises companies that pay no matter how good your Seo is. If you look for an item now the first results are nearly all eBay and amazon and paying sites unless your are a very niche product. He was only complaining - no plan around it at the moment unfortunately.

The 15 years old thing will be a major part of the drop - keep regularly updating it, making changes, adding news etc - next time google "spiders" your site, make sure it's got recent changes.

Google will assume a non-updated site means the business might be closed.

TwinMummy1510 Wed 11-Sep-13 15:09:45

Hi Bakingnovice,

I don't know if you are still looking but I work with/for someone who is incredible at boosting Google rankings. He's an SEO expert but much more besides and is ethical, moral and will really want to help you get back on top.

I work as a professional freelance writer/proofreader and often work for him so I can verify his trustworthiness entirely!

Let me know if you want his details? He doesn't cost a fortune either which always helps!

FriendlyLadybird Fri 06-Sep-13 12:00:35

Where are you based? I work with a digital marketing expert whose job is just this. Feel free to PM me.

Bakingnovice Wed 04-Sep-13 08:57:33

I will PM you punk. Thanks!

Punkatheart Wed 04-Sep-13 08:21:30

I can put you in touch with a friend who runs an IT company. If you want to DM me I will pass on your details. They are good, honest and I am sure they will be able to help.

Bakingnovice Tue 03-Sep-13 21:06:53

Dh has for years run a successful online company. It's always done well and has come through the recession. However, google has updated and in the last two months everything seems to have come to a standstill. It's really stressful as I'm currently not working and we are eating into savings.

Dh has got someone removing bad bad links and he has also as a last resort commissioned someone to create a brand new website as the old one is 15 years old and completely non functional.

Can anyone here recommend a company/person which assists with matters like this? Time is of the essence as the longer the company is out of sight in searches the longer it will take to recover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now