Anyone a Travel Agent from Home ?

(8 Posts)
Mammyvicky1 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:19:06

Is anyone on here a travel agent working from home that i could ask some questions to please?
Ive been given an opportunity to do this but would like to talk to someone whos doing it / has done it .
Thanks in advance
Vicky

My mum is, she's been with Travel Counsellors for years now. What did you want to know?

Mammyvicky1 Tue 03-Sep-13 20:36:53

Thanks so much for your reply
I enquired with travel councellors some.time ago but my experience isn't current enough for most agents however a high street agent who are taking on home workers are willing to give me a chance on my experience.from years ago !!!!

This role I have to find my own clients they don't generate leads for me I was just wondering realistically how difficult this was and what the best ways to advertise are ? I'm thinking Facebook Twitter leaflets through doors posters in public areas etc

How Many hours a week do you need to work to earn a reasonable living ?

Is it feesable for me to try and work with a 3 year old around ? ( she will be in. Nursery 3 hours a day )

Do you work all evenings / weekends ?

Do you set working hours and sit at your desk waiting for phone to ring or potter about the.house and answer it when it rings then.go to computer ?

Also this company you use.your home phone number do you get calls.off.people all times.of day / night and.Do you always answer ?

Probably too many questions lol but just some things I've been thinking of any answers will be great !

Mammyvicky1 Wed 04-Sep-13 12:09:19

ive figured out now really you need a business phone line set up so its proffesional and no unsociable hours calls and no risk of kids answering phone.................just working out of its worth doing it all now ?

Most of mum's calls are "unsociable hours" as people who have the money to book expensive holidays tend to work all hours.
You could get a mobile fairly cheaply to take calls, the main cost is likely to be brochures and stationery, data and printer ink.

Mammyvicky1 Wed 04-Sep-13 19:57:42

thanks

HONEYBUG Sat 03-May-14 00:30:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WaitingForMe Wed 07-May-14 12:56:43

If you have to find your own leads, why bother working for someone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now