Tax / Vat : HELP

(8 Posts)
Talkinpeace Tue 27-Aug-13 22:32:49

Hi there OP
To start with, bring yourself up to speed with the rules by thoroughly reading through the page I wrote for ebayers
members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=talkinpeace
and then post a thread over on the UK Business Forums
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55
as there are some really helpful and professional people on there

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 24-Aug-13 13:49:17

Have you filled in any tax returns? Were you registered self employed? Again was turnover above Vat threshold?
I agree you need an accountant who is experience with small business tax investigations.
I am afraid whilst being ill is unfortunate as far as HMRC are concerned it is no defence.

Sconset Thu 22-Aug-13 20:20:01

They could fine you for the late/non-payment s from those years- depends how they're feeling really.
You need a good accountant to advise properly about your actual situation.

What's your turnover? Are you in danger of having the VAT come down on you too?

Kimm2013 Thu 22-Aug-13 19:35:12

Thankyou smile

Punkatheart Thu 22-Aug-13 14:37:00

No one here could give you impartial advice based on such a small amount of information. There is no short cut - you need to ask a small accountant, or the Money Advisory people, or go to a Citizen's advice bureau.

The legal part with the card needs to be also addressed - but this is for a solicitor.

riksti Thu 22-Aug-13 07:13:58

A good local accountant is probably your best bet.

Kimm2013 Wed 21-Aug-13 22:47:47

Also, anyone, where would I get expert independent advise from??? Anyone please.

Kimm2013 Wed 21-Aug-13 22:06:42

Hi
I have my own business, it's been 6 years. And need advice about vat and tax. Someone has reported me and now a investigation has began. It's extremely stressful . I believe it's a family member.

I was very ill during 2 of the years and paper work was not up to date. Goods were purchased on my name card, which I have no knowledge off? Please any advise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now