How do I find a genuine company to do part time work from home?

(9 Posts)
AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 16-Aug-13 20:25:08

Just that really, I would like to do some part time/evening work to supplement my income but have heard too many stories about people paying joining fees and then not getting any work etc.
I would be happy to anything like stuffing envelopes which can be done from home in the evenings. Not able, to do parties (eg Ann Summers, Avon etc).
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website or company that could help? Have searched Internet for home working but so much rubbish comes up!.
Thank you.

m0nkeynuts Sat 17-Aug-13 10:15:16

I'm not away of ANY legitimate envelope-stuffing-type work-from-home opportunities.

What are you good at? Maybe have a look at the likes of peopleperhour.com and see the types of things people are doing on a freelance basis that you might be able to offer.

BranchingOut Sat 17-Aug-13 10:20:50

Look at Women like us - pt jobs website.

Sometimes small charities need someone to do admin from home eg just act as a point of contact, send out mailings etc

If you search on here, there is one company which offers you the chance to do call centre type work from home.

Making things and selling on eBay?

AlwaysDancing1234 Sat 17-Aug-13 15:06:36

Thank you both for your ideas/info, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will do some more research!.
Best regards.

jojo68 Sun 18-Aug-13 18:52:07

Hi, I work evenings/weekends alongside my main job as a distributor for a company called Wikaniko. Wikaniko sell eco friendly, natural products. The company is a a small family run business and I have found it to be really supportive and helpful. It fits in with my family commitments and there are not targets to meet, just work at your own pace.
At the moment there is no joining fee. The £79 joining fee has been deferred for 6 months so you can try before you buy. I don't have parties but catalogue and use the online website to generate business. I hope this helps and if you would like any more info then get in touch.

BranchingOut Tue 20-Aug-13 07:09:00

The other thing you must do is to tell everyone you know and ask them to ask around for you. Also, consider approaching companies/organisations directly.

There was a thread a while back where a woman had put something about looking for a school hours job on her FB page. After a bit of discussion, it turned out that lots of MNers had got work through informal methods and that it was actually a good strategy.

antimatter Tue 20-Aug-13 07:13:25

did you see this?
www.tescocustomerservice-careers.com/page.cfm/content/home-working/

or maybe check those?
www.indeed.co.uk/Homeworker-jobs

(no idea how good they are but I put Homeworker in google and they came up)

AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 23-Aug-13 17:30:57

Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate your help 😀

annieyoung Sat 12-Oct-13 07:03:28

One of the easiest ways to make some part-time income is to take part in surveys, offered by companies who are doing market research. They pay something between US$2 and US$30 for a job. There are many such companies out there, and the challenge is look for the right ones. I prefer to learn from someone who have made it - through hard way: paidsurveyswise.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now